The melancholy

Writer's POV:

#At ACP Sir's cabin:

Dr. Priyal: Don't you remember me Haseena?

ACP Sir: Do you know her DR. Malik?

HM: Sorry Sir but I can't remember. Do we know each other personally?

Dr. Priyal: yeah! You topped at the Board exam from Lucknow & I was also among one of the highest scorers. & we all applied for med school. Then I got the chance & I thought you would be a doctor too but never thought I would meet you here. Why did you ........

HM cut her in the middle of the conversation saying,
"ACP Sir, she was a classmate of mine from college. Can I talk to her for a few minutes personally?"

ACP: yeah, sure! You can go with her Dr. Priyal.

HM: please come to my cabin!

Dr. Priyal: toh Haseena, we used to call you 'student of the year', how were you a drop out from the med school?!

[**Now that was a huge twist for my lovely readers, that yes, Haseena was a medical student once. Now keep reading to know what happened further]

HM: Sorry Priyal, I didn't recognise you earlier. Still cannot remember you as I didn't have many friends & I was always focused on studies rather than on making friends. & About medical school, those 3 months from the first year were my best days.

Dr. Priyal: I was not on your section, I only saw you in the lecture classes. But yeah, you were excellent in anatomy, I thought one day, you would be a very good surgeon!

HM: I thought that too, but niyati ko to kuch aur ki manzoor tha! I don't know, despite praying so much, why I didn't get the luck to become the doctor.

Dr. Priyal: what happened exactly?

HM: from my very childhood according to my parents I was very sharp. Though my sister used to say, I was a 'tube-light'. I only understand science not emotions. But yeah I was always good. When I was in class one I used to read books from class 4,5 & my parents had appreciated that.
Both of my parents were doctors. My father was a general surgeon & my mother was a gynaecologist. My sister was a general surgeon too, you might have found her as your teacher in your surgical skill training days.

Dr. Priyal: What was her name?

HM: Dr. Heena Malik.

Dr. Priyal: yeah, she was one of my best mentors. Actually she was the one who first taught me venesection.
I was so shocked when I heard about her death!

HM: She used to be my closest one, my only guardian after my parents. She used to take all my decisions, after my parents. I still miss her... A lot.

Dr. Priyal: it's very natural ! And.. What happened to your parents?

HM: when I was a first year student, on my 4th month there, my parents went through a huge road traffic accident & they were spot dead. My sister was doing her post graduation that time. She was emotionally very strong but I was not & I was young & immature, I was only 18yrs. I couldn't take the pain & I had a stroke! It was a haemorrhagic stroke! My operation was done at the same hospital where my sister was having post-grad.

Dr. Priyal: You had a stroke at 18 years!! You were so young. It's very unusual at that age.

HM: yeah, because I couldn't process the shock, besides my sister used to say that, I was ridiculously torturing my brain with studies & didn't use to take rests. In short, I think too much about anything & everything which was a risk factor.