Whispering endearments

Karishma's POV:
---------------------

I thought meeting Haseena in this lifetime was incidental but no it was not. We were meant to be with each other. I chose to love her, to be with her & then she responded. She was trying to change herself everyday... for me. Being an introvert she tried to share her stories as much as she could & yet I pushed her. Why does my anger make me forget that I should not push her beyond her boundaries... First of all I made the wrong decision to apply for this training despite of her forbidding. How vulnerable she was when I left yet she tried to adjust with this storm & tried to encourage me in my every step. And then, I said those harsh words ki 'unko koi farq nehi parta' when she used to compare me with the sun. Aur unko kya farq parta hai wo samjhane woh chali bhi aayi. I stood there being a statue when she came back to the room & asked the demonstrator,

"Can I take your Officer Karishma Singh with me? I want to talk to her regarding 'the surgeons murder mystery cases'."

Demonstrator: "yes of course DR. Malik. Her demonstration is over so no problem"

Hasee: Karishma Singh, chaliye.

Like an obedient student I walked behind her without any words. When we came to the corridor in her eyes, I saw the calmness before the storm.

Me: My hotel room is 10 minutes walking from this place. Would you like to go there?

She said nothing just nodded positively. The journey to my room was entirely silent. She didn't utter a word. I was afraid of this side of her. I opened the door & said, "Aiye"

Hasee came inside & sat on the couch. I sat on the bed. The distance between us was killing me. Then I asked,

"Koi dikkat to nehi huii aane mein?"

Hasee: Nehi.... Kafi accha hai aapka room, aur room number bhi. 064, similar to ours.

Me: Wanna have some green tea?

Hasee: Yeah, sure.

While making green tea, I finally broke this cold war,

"Hasee I'm sorry. Dekhiye na, jab aapke samne khulte hai to border ki saari seema par kar jaate hai aur jab nehi khul paate toh.... Dekhiye kaise halat ho raha hai hamara. Sahi kahti hai hamari Amma ki hamari fitting hi kharab hai"

Hasee: Haa aur dikkat yeh hai ki iss kharab fitting wali se hi hume behaad mohabbat hai...
Kyun karti hai aap aisa? Do you know how many days have passed after our marriage?

Me: Of course, only 12 days.

Hasee: & you want me to change my whole self in just 12 days. You fall in love with the introvert Haseena. Didn't you? Didn't I warn you earlier that someone like you deserves someone loveable, not some jerk like me. But you had no issues with this.
Then why did you push me to such an extent? I never thought that I would emphasize someone, I would value someone so much that I would come to another city just to clarify things to that person. But damn Karishma! Look, what you have done to me! I'm so in love with you despite my anger, I came across just to say looking at your eyes that-

Hamari zindagi bhi aap,
Aur zindagi guzarne ki sahara bhi aap.
Hamari duniya bhi aap,
Chand bhi aap, aur Suraj bhi aap..

I love you so much that it hurts Karishma! But how painful it may be still I would choose to stand beside you, I'll choose to stick to you always !
'Chahe kitna bhi
koushish karle zamana,
Nehi jayenge kabhi tujhko chorkar!'
.
There were tears in her eyes which were about to fall but then I ran & caught them.

Me: Kaha tha na humne yeh aasoo bohot anmol hai, isse aise behne maat dena. I promised you that I'll catch your every tear from falling!

Saying this I held her hands, kissed on her knuckles & then said,
"Hume maaf kar dijiye Hasee, hume thappar mariye, kyun hum aapni gusse par kaboo nehi kar sakte! Hume na bohot zyada chinta ho rahi thi aapki aur aise mein jab paata chala ki aap neurologist se milne gaye to itna darr gaye the, hume laga kuch serious hai"

Hasee: Hmm, I was about to tell you but before that, I thought to gather my thoughts..... then shanti se aapko batate! But you didn't give me that time ! Kyun aap aisa karti hai? Hadn't I told you that I had so many things to tell you regarding my past about which I'm not comfortable to share now, I need time & you were okay with that... But then you pushed me. Paata hai na aapko, BP badh jata hai hamara! Unbearable headache hota hai.. phir bhi aap ....

Me: Ssshhh.... Hasee. Even if I say a thousand times that I'm sorry, it wouldn't be enough! I just want to slap myself so hard. Kitna bara jaddbudhhi hai hum jo hum yeh saari batein bhul gaye.

Hasee: Aapko achhe se paata hai na hamari Ammi, Abbu, behen koi nehi hai, hum kiski paas jake roye? Do I have anyone except you? & You said so easily ki hume farq nahi parta aapki 'rehne..... na rehne' se. Phir to hume koi farq nahi parta hoga jeene ya marne se..... lekin hume to farq parta hai Karishma. Hum to jeena chahte hai na aapke sath....!?

Her words were breaking my heart. What had I done! I had no words. Then to break the silence she said,

"Hume green tea dijiye, chaye bhi thanda karke degi aap?"

I passed her the cup, "I'm sorry, yaad nehi raaha. I was so lost in your words"

Hasee: So lost in my words that everything became the background? Aisa aapko lagta hai but the truth is that you got so lost in anger that I also became just a background for you sometimes.
Aur chaye acchi hai... Aur do ghante mein hamara flight hai. Kabhi nehi socha tha aise aana hoga. Yaad hai aapko kya kya plan kiya tha hum dono milke?

Me: Kya! Do ghanta. I only have 2 hours with you.

Hasee: No only 1 hour. Check in bhi karna hai, traffic hai, airport pouchna hai.

Me: Ruk jaiye na thori der aur....

Hasee: Nehi, I didn't take that injection with me. I have to go home for that. Btw do you know Karu that I'm not the only jerk here...?

Me: Yes, now I know that very clearly. Aur Hasee aap hume gale bhi nehi lagayengi ?

Hasee: From when you started taking my permission for a hug? I'm all yours. & Why did you sit on the bed after coming to this room? You were supposed to sit here on the couch handle or on my lap on your own. This distance ss killing me & you knew, I'm too shy to ask for your embrace like this. Kya yeh bhi bhul gayi hai aap?

I then stood up still holding her hands & then sat on her lap & hugged her tightly. I then opened the first button of her shirt to get better access to her neck, nuzzled my nose there to indulge in her essence & murmured, "This is killing me too, your coldness" She hugged me more tightly. We didn't move a bit except when I gave small pecks to the crook of her neck.

"I missed you so badly Hasee. Your embrace & this essence. I'm so stupid. But the only good part of my stupidity is this, having you like this."

Without breaking the hug & nuzzled her nose more on my shoulder Hasee replied back, "yes, that's why I forgive you. Paata hai Karu, Miku looks for you in our room. I took him to sleep with me nowadays. Aur aaj se humne aur Santu ne gym shuru kiya."

I kissed on her cheek & then said caressing her hair, "I know Miku & her Mom miss me a lot & I miss them too."

Hasee: Aur paata hai Doctor ne kya kaha?

Me: Kya?

Hasee: The neurologist had done a CT scan & found a clot, & he suspects I might have had an hemorrhagic stroke!

Me: What!?!

___________

That's all for today. Thanks for your valuable comments. It inspires me a lot.

Btw, my apology in advance as Hindi is not my my 1st or 2nd language, I might have done several grammatical mistakes while writing Hindi. I'm sorry for that.

The second reason for apologizing is that I'm really very busy with my exams so can't get enough time to upload when the story is at it's verge. But I've faith in you people that you'll be on my side & wait with patience.

If you liked this chapter, please like & comment & if you have any suggestions feel free to share.