Chapter III

(Soojins POV)

My heart was racing. I barely knew Minho, in fact I didn't know him at all. His aura was so dark yet it pulled me towards him.

I wanted danger, excitement, and even rough love. My life was so boring. Going to college and then back home.

I watched him from afar. Monitoring every move he made. He had no idea I was doing so.

It was the thrill that kept me doing it. My life was starting to revolve around him.

Everything was going well until I got tangled up in something I shouldn't have.

(Minhos POV)

Another day, another greedy asshole wanting me to do his dirty work.

I woke up to my phone ringing off the hook. I answered. "What?"

"Did I wake you?" The man laughed.

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"Look, I need a favor."

"What's in it for me?" I sat up, walking out to the balcony for a cigarette.

"Does there have to be something?" He chuckled.

"I don't do this shit for free if you haven't heard." I lit the cigarette, blowing the smoke.

"How much do you want?"

"Depends on what it is." I leaned against the railing.

"I'll send you the details." He sent me a message. I took my phone away from my ear. It was a girl named Ari. "Get her for me."

"Why should I?"

"She owes me." I put the cigarette out on the railing.

"20k is my offer. There's no negotiation either. If I come short, I've got some men that do my dirty work for me."

"Whatever. I need her by tomorrow night." I hung up the phone.

(Soojins POV)

Me and Ari decided to have a girls day. For once in my life, I wasn't late.

I arrived at the cafe with a few minutes to spare as Ari motioned me to a table.

"Wow, you're not late today." She laughed.

"I am so shocked about it too." I giggled.

We ordered our coffees and little cakes while we talked about everything. School, work, and our personal lives.

"So, there's this boy." I didnt even get the chance to say another word.

"A boy!" She screamed.

"Oh my god! Be quiet." I shushed her. "Anyway, I met him at the convenience store the other day."

"What's his name?"

"Minho. We actually haven't really met. I've been seeing him everywhere and I've kind of been following him." She stared at me, weirdly.

"Soojin." She sighed. "You sound like a stalker." She laughed.

"I know, but I'm not sure why I do it. He's just so pretty."

"It's one thing to have crushes, but it's another thing to stalk someone you don't know." She grabbed my hands. "Especially when you're going out of your way to follow him."

"It's not like that. I just see him on the streets and I spy." Her jaw dropped.

"I can't tell which ones worse." She laughed, hysterically. "Why don't you just talk to him?"

"Because that would be weird."

"And stalking him isn't?" Her eyebrows raised.

"Good point." I sighed.

(Minhos POV)

I walked downtown to the convenience store to grab a pack of cigarettes. I placed them on the counter, along with some alcohol. "Just the one pack."

I looked around as the cashier rung them up. I looked out the window and saw girls sitting at the cafe next door.

I squinted my eyes to get a closer look. It was the girl I bumped into. Who was she with?

"Your total is $34.37." I looked back, paying him. He gave me the change and the bag.

I walked out the door, moving closer. She's with Ari? What's a good girl like her doing with someone like that?

I knew in order to grab Ari, I had to get closer to that girl.

(Soojins POV)

Me and Ari parted ways for the day, I had a lot of cleaning to do.

As I walked down the street, I bumped into someone, dropping my phone.

"Let me grab that for you." A man kneeled down to pick it up. I could only see the top of his head for a moment.

"I'm so sorry! Thank you." He stood up. "Minho?"

"You're the girl from the convenience store, right?" He handed me my phone.

"Yeah, my names Soojin." I shook his hand.

"I guess you already know my name." He smirked. "I dialed the wrong number last night."

"Ahh, no worries!" I smiled.

(Minhos POV)

As I talked to her more, I noticed how pretty her smile was. I got to snap out of it. This is for business purposes, she can never get involved with me.

"I'm on a tight schedule." I looked down at my watch. "You have my number, how about we hang out sometime." I smiled, walking away.

As I walked down the empty road, my phone rang. "Did you find her yet?"

"You said tomorrow night."

"Just wanted to make sure you have a plan. This is not allowed to get messy." I sighed.

"It won't. I've got a plan. Don't worry about it." I hung up.

(Soojins POV)

As he walked away, I stood in silence. My jaw dropped open as I felt my heart race.

I immediately called Ari. "He just approached me!" I screamed.

"The guy from the store?"

"He gave me him number." I spun in a circle.

"No way!" She squealed.

"When should I call?"

"Definitely tomorrow! If you call tonight he might not like it." She laughed.

"Okay!" I hung up. I walked back to my apartment, taking my shoes off as soon as I entered the room.

I laid on the bed, my heart beating out of my chest as I thought about him more and more. Could he really like me?