Chapter XIX

(Minhos POV)

I could barely see as I drove home after getting off my flight. My heart was racing, and my chest felt heavy. I wanted Soojin to live with me. I needed her. 

When I got home, I grabbed some of my stuff and loaded it in my car. I raced to the hospital in hopes I would see her alive. 

As I shoved my way through the doors, the nurses stopped me. "Sir, please calm down." They held me back,

"Where is Soojin?" I screamed. 

"She's alive." My worries were gone. "They resuscitated her. She's on a ventilator right now." 

"Can I please see her?" Tears swelled in my eyes. "Please, just this once," I begged.

"Come with me." The nurse sighed as she brought me back to Soojin's room. 

When she opened the door, I dropped to my knees. My girl was hurt. "When will she be awake?" The nurse lowered her eyes to the floor.

"Well, we don't know." 

"What do you mean you don't know? Figure it out!" I screamed in her face. I was angry, upset, and hurt. 

"Sir, I know you're angry, but we are unsure when she will wake. It could be a few days or weeks." She lowered her clipboard. "I am so sorry." She left the room, giving me a minute to catch my breath.

I lay next to Soojin's bed. I held her hand while I sobbed in her palm. "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I should have never left you here." For the first time in years, I cried. It felt like my heart had stopped beating. "I'm not leaving you this time. I will stay right here until you wake up." I squeezed her hand tight. 

For the remainder of the night, I stayed with her. I slept on the couch beside her bed, although I did not get much that night. I feared she would die, and I wouldn't be awake to notify anyone.

The following day, I took care of her. I made her bed and made sure she was well-fed. I bathed her and even fluffed her pillows for her. 

"Look at you." The nurse smiled. "I'm sure she appreciates what you are doing for her." I smiled back at her. "Everything is just fine. I'll be back in a few hours." She left, closing the door on her way out.

I kept myself occupied while I stayed. I read many books and played games while I monitored her screens. Every minute or so, I looked over to ensure she was okay. 

I was getting hungry and knew I couldn't leave her alone, so I called Ari. "Could you come sit with Soojin?"

"I am sure the nurse will. Minho, she is safe where she is." She laughed. "Go get some food and go feed your cat." 

"Please come sit with her. I will never forgive myself if something happens to her." I sighed. " I know it sounds stupid, but I need her safe."

"Alright, I will come sit with her. Give me ten minutes." I hung up. 

When Ari finally showed up, I thanked her with a warm hug. "I will be right back." I smiled, leaving the hospital. 

I went home and fed Milo. I grabbed some snacks and some more books to read. I was getting sick of the hospital books. 

I decided to stop at Soojin's place on my way back to pick up some of her things. I grabbed her some clothes and a stuffed animal from her bed to keep her company. 

On my way back to the hospital, I also picked up some breakfast and a coffee. "I am so sorry that it took so long." I smiled.

"You're okay. She's been fine." She smiled back warmly. On her way out the door, she turned to me. " I am unsure what happened between you two, but she needs you. And I think you need her, too." She closed the door behind her. 

Whatever happens, Soojin will always be my person. My favorite girl. Without her, I was nothing to myself. She made me feel things I had never felt before. She saved me.

I tucked her in that night and laid her stuffed animal beside her. I kissed her forehead. "Should I sing you a lullaby?" I giggled while stroking her hair. I hummed softly while I held her hand. "I'm right here. Come back to me when you are ready." I kissed her one last time and lay on the couch. 

For the next couple of days, I did the same routine. I made her bed, bathed her, and ensured she ate well. I did not know when she would wake up, but the day she decided to open her eyes, I'll be there. I want to be the first person she sees.

As I sat down to read my book, a nurse walked in. "Are you her relative?" She asked.

"No, I am her boyfriend." I stood up to greet her.

"Oh, okay. We still are unsure exactly when she will wake up, but it looks like it will be a few weeks." She closed her clipboard. "I am sorry."

"Is there any way she will wake up sooner?" I asked.

"The soonest she could wake is." She looked through her papers. "In a week, but that is pushing it." 

"Okay, thank you so much." As she walked out the door, I sat with Soojin. "Did you hear that? You will be awake in no time." I smiled, trying to stay positive. "As soon as you are awake, we'll go do something you want to do." 

I sat back on the couch, exhausted from the news I had heard. What if she never wakes up? What if I never get to tell her I love her? There was nothing I could do. All I could do was be patient.