Chapter IV

(Soojins POV)

I hadn't slept a bit all night, thinking about Minho. Could he really like me? I saw him with that girl. Could I be just another girl he brings home for the night?

All of these questions running through my mind, yet I didn't care about any. I was going to do everything I could to make him like me.

Even if he was using me, in the end, he would like me. I was sure of it.

I waited by the phone, hoping he'd call first, but I got impatient and decided to be the first to call.

The phone rang through straight to voicemail with no answer. I laid the phone down, hoping he'd call back, but he didn't.

For the next few hours, I did some household chores to keep me busy that was until I heard the phone.

I was such an idiot for picking up so fast. "Hello?"

"I'm not a morning person, but it looks like you are. I'm sorry I missed your call." He apologized.

"Don't worry about it! I'm enrolled in Uni so I'm on an early schedule." I giggled.

"I was thinking that we could hang out today." He paused. "And if you're too nervous to be alone with me, you can bring a friend." He laughed.

(Minhos POV)

"I guess I could bring Ari." I was on the edge of my seat, hoping my plan went accordingly. If I messed this up, this could be the end of me.

"Bring whoever you'd like. We'll do whatever you want."

"Does 2pm work for you?" I smiled.

"It's perfect. I'm sorry to cut this short, but I have work to do." I apologized.

"No worries! I'll see you at 2!" She hung up the phone.

I grabbed my things, feeding the cat on the way out. "Be good, Milo." I kissed his head.

I headed to my car when I was stopped. "Minho!" I turned around.

"Are you following me?"

"I'm just keeping an eye on you. Wouldn't want you to flee the country before getting me what I need." The man said.

"Do you know how many people beg me to work for them?" I stepped closer. "I could back out if I wanted to."

"Not this time." He held up his phone. "Unless, you want to get her involved." It was a picture of Soojin.

"Why should I care? I'm just using her." I put my bag in the car.

"Are you sure?" He smirked.

"Do whatever you want." I got into the car and drove away.

(Soojins POV)

I got ready in my best outfit. "He's going to love it!" I squealed before grabbing the rest of my things.

I had already texted Ari to meet at the cafe we always go to, but Minho was out of my reach.

I walked down the street, skipping almost the whole way there when I saw his car parked in front of an alleyway.

I hid around the corner, peeking. I couldn't see anyone, but I heard whispers.

"Come work for me!" A man begged.

"I've got my own thing going." I heard Minho.

"I'll pay you by the hour."

"Do you know how much I get paid by the day?" He scoffed. "You're wasting your breath."

I heard him coming towards me, I quickly began walking the other way, in hopes that he didn't see me.

I walked to the cafe once I noticed his car was gone. I saw Ari inside.

"Soojin!" She yelled as I walked over. "Are you nervous?"

"Just a little which is why I couldn't do this alone." I laughed, nervously.

I heard the bell to the door as he walked in. I turned around only to make eye contact with him, he smiled. 

"Minho, this is my friend Ari." Ari's face went pale as she gulped. "Is something wrong?"

"No." She sipped her water. "Nothing's wrong." She smiled.

I could tell by her expression that something was up. "Do you guys know each other?"

"We don't." She smiled. "I thought I knew him, but I'm thinking about someone else."

"That makes sense." I smiled. None of this made sense. They acted like they knew each other.

After hanging out, we all parted ways but I stayed close behind Minho.

He parted ways into an alleyway in which I spied. He was with Ari?

"Stay away from Soojin." She shouted.

"Don't worry about that, I was just using her." He smirked. My heart shattered. I almost walked away. "You need to come with me."

"I don't owe that man shit." What man was she talking about? "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Oh, really?" He smirked before grabbing and putting a bag over a head. I almost said something, but I decided to follow.

I got into a taxi and stayed a good distance behind until I was brought to a strange building.

I watched him drag her in. I peaked through the crack of the door.

(Minhos POV)

I released her from the bag. "I don't owe you shit!" She yelled. "I paid my debt!"

"You owe me big time." The man leaned closer. "Because of your messy job, I had to pay people off to keep them from killing me!" He kicked the wall. "Such a disgrace of a daughter."

"Because of your stupid deals, I had to get messy, dad." Her hands were being held by the guards. "They were going to kill you if I didn't do what I did."

"Excuses! I thought I raised you better than that."

"I always have to cover your fuck ups." She laughed. "Not anymore, I don't owe you."

"Is that so?" He smirked. "Take her." They started dragging her as she kicked.

Right then, the door busted open. "Soojin?" My eyes widened.

"What's going on here?"

"Since she's involved now, she can't leave." He walked towards her, but I couldn't let him have her.

"Step away from her." I growled, pushing her behind me. "Keep your hands off of her."

"What're you going to do?" He laughed.

"You even come as much as 5 inches closer to her, I will break every bone in your body."

"I thought you didn't care about her?" He laughed more. "Minho's gone soft!"

"She's not a part of this. Leave her alone." I gave him a right hook to the jaw, grabbing soojins hand.

I ran with her out the door. "Let's go!" I put her in the car and hit the gas.

"Mind telling me what's going on?" She screamed.

"Long story short, Ari's dad is a mafia boss and I work for the mafia." I got away as fast as I could.

"What about Ari?"

"She's fine. That's her dad, he's not going to do shit." I took every turn possible until I dropped her off. "Go inside and lock your doors." I drove off.

What's wrong with me? Did I really just protect her?