Chapter XXIX

(Soojins POV)

I kept the test hidden. Sooner or later, I had to tell Minho, but I didn't have the courage to tell him.

This wasn't the right time. We still had things in our lives to solve. We weren't ready for any of this. How long could I keep this from Minho?

When I got back into the room, I was all smiles. "What'd you get from the store?" He asked.

"Oh, they didn't have it." I lied, sitting down on the bed.

"That's too bad." He continued to ask more questions. "You're acting strange." He laughed. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." I smiled. "I'm okay."

"If you need anything, let me know." He kissed the top of my head.

For hours, we sat in silence. The guilt was killing me. Should I tell him? I couldn't just blurt it out like that.

I continued to keep myself occupied so I didn't have to speak. Every word that came out of my mouth was a lie. It ate me alive.

That night, we decided to book our flight back home first thing in the morning.

We laid in bed, he cuddled me, but I hadn't said a word to him since the morning.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Of course." I smiled and nodded.

"You haven't talked all day." He laughed. "Are you that sick?"

"I feel awful." I partially lied. I did feel awful, but it wasn't from a sickness.

"Get plenty of rest. I'll be right here." He pulled me closer as I drifted off the sleep.

The next morning, we boarded our flight back home. I was so excited to finally be home.

I greeted Milo as soon as we walked through the door. "Hi, my sweet boy." I picked him up as he purred.

"Hi, Milo." Minho petted him as he sat the bags down in our room.

"Minho!" I yelled.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to step outside to call Ari!" I yelled back.

"Alright!" I stepped outside and dialed her number, I was in a panic.

"I've been waiting for you to call me all night!" She yelled. "What'd it say?"

"It was positive." She was silent. "You have to promise you won't tell anyone. Minho doesn't know."

"Oh my god, Soojin! You're having a baby!" She squealed. "I promise, I won't tell."

"Thank you. All of this is really hard right now. With me being pregnant, it makes it a lot harder." I sighed.

(Minhos POV)

Soojin's pregnant? My mind was wandering as I kept listening through the door. "I'll tell him soon." I backed away from the door.

I wasn't excited, but I wasn't upset either. Could I even raise a kid? Am I a good enough person to have kids?

As I heard the door open, I sat on the couch. I had to pretend I didn't know. "Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Not really." She said. "I'm sorry that took so long. I was letting her know we were home."

"No worries." I patted the spot next to me. "Come sit down."

She sat down next to me and rested her head on my shoulder. For a while we sat there and said nothing until she turned to me. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course." I was getting nervous. Was she going to tell me?

"Have you ever thought about having kids?" She asked.

"I've not thought about it, but that doesn't mean I don't want any. It's just something I don't think about. Why?" I looked at her.

"I was just asking." She smiled.

"Do you want kids?" I blurted out.

"Well, someday I might. I haven't thought about it." She turned and faced the TV.

"I wouldn't be opposed to it." I kissed her and reassured her. "Is there something you want to tell me, Soojin?"

"Not that I know of." She smiled, but I could tell the guilt was eating her alive.

"Just remember, you can tell me anything." I smiled. "Absolutely anything." She nodded.

We sat in silence for a while. Could I really keep this secret? I had to. I didn't want to upset her in any way.

After a while, she stood up to make us lunch. "Where are you going?"

"To make us lunch." She raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"No you're not, I'm making lunch. You need your rest." I demanded.

"I feel fine, Minho." She laughed.

"No, you're p.." I almost slipped up. "Probably still sick. Sit down." I chuckled, nervously.

"Okay." She sat down. "What's gotten into you?" She giggled.

"Me? Nothing. I just want to take care of you." I rushed to the kitchen.

(Soojins POV)

This wasn't normal for Minho. He was acting strange. Could he know about the baby?

There's no way. I've kept calm all day. There's no way he knows.

After dinner, he insisted on carrying me everywhere. "I just don't want you to be on your feet." Was his excuse.

The next day, he was more strange. He was never home and when he was home, he kept trying to hide stuff from me.

I finally decided to put my foot down. "Where have you been?"

"I had to run some errands." He said.

"Why can't I be in your car?" I looked at him.

He sighed, looking down at the floor. "There's baby stuff in there." He mumbled.

"What?" My eyes widened.

"I bought baby stuff." He looked ashamed that he knew.

"You knew?" I was petrified.

"You talk pretty loud. I overheard you on the phone." He still didn't make eye contact.

"Are you mad?"

"How can I be mad?" He hugged me. "I'm going to be a dad." The weight had been lifted off my shoulders. "I may not know how any of this works, but I'll learn." He smiled.

"You're going to do great." I kissed him as reassurance. "We'll learn together." I smiled.