Chapter XXXIII

(Soojins POV)

The roles were reversed this time. Ari was laying in the bed I used to lay in. She was unconscious, but making a great recovery.

I sat next to her, laying the flowers I got for her on the table next to the bed. "When will she wake up?" I asked the doctor.

"She'll be awake tomorrow." He smiled. "She's just on lots of anesthesia right now."

"Thank you for letting me see her." I smiled.

"Of course. Now she needs her rest." He escorted us out.

When we got home, I had so many questions for Minho. "Felix is a cop?"

"He's been a cop for the last year. He used to work with me." He answered.

"Are you an undercover cop?" I asked.

"Nope. I just help when I can." He looked at me. "I truly was a bad person, working for the mafia when you met me, but I've changed." He kissed me.

"You're not the same boy I ran into at the store that day." I laughed. "You're different."

"Do you like different?" He asked.

"I like this different, but I liked you either way." I laid my head on his shoulder. "I liked you when you were bad and I like you now."

"You're still that bubbly, curious girl that I fell for, but I like you because of that." He kissed my head, pulling me closer.

"Do you think we're safe now?" I mentioned.

"Absolutely. Felix is not going to let anything happen to us." He smiled. "Are you hungry?"

"Not right now." I stood up. "Actually, can we go talk to Felix for a bit? There's something I want to tell him." He nodded.

When we arrived at his house, he was so happy to see the both of us. "It's my favorite couple!" He screamed from the door. "Come in."

We walked inside, taking our shoes off. "Soojin wanted to speak with you." Minho said.

"Is something wrong?" Felix asked.

I hugged him with no shame. I was thankful for what he had done for me and Minho. "Thank you." I pulled away. "Because of you, me and Minho can live safely now. We can finally start our family in peace. I was thinking, and I want you to be his uncle. I know you and Minho are not related, but it would be an honor to have you in his life." I smiled.

He teared up. "I would love to be a part of his live, Soojin." He hugged me. "Thank you for taking care of Minho." He laughed. "I was afraid he'd never change his ways."

"I said I wasn't soft for her, but I guess you could say I am." Minho laughed.

(Minhos POV)

On the ride home, I decided to take Soojin out. We had never been out as an official couple. I wanted to do something special.

"Where are we going?" She asked as we turned down a different street.

"You'll see." I smiled.

We arrived at a beautiful picnic that I had laid out prior, just for her. "This is so pretty." Her eyes lit up.

"I set it up just for you." I smiled.

"What's the occasion?" She asked.

"I just wanted to do something nice for you." I lied. There was something special I had in mind.

As we sat down and ate, she was so happy to be there. We talked about baby names and ended up settling on Seunghan. "I want to name him after my brother." She mentioned and I was fine with it.

As time went by, I decided it was finally time. "Come with me." I grabbed her hand and helped her up as I walked her a little ways away from our spot. "Close your eyes." I kneeled before her and pulled out a ring. "Open."

She opened her eyes and let out a gasp. "Minho." She covered her mouth.

"You don't have to say yes, it's okay if you're not ready yet. I just wanted to tell you that before I met you, I was a completely different person. I was heartless and stubborn. You changed me. For what it's worth, I'd buy you millions of rings until you finally said yes. I would chase you every day until you were ready. There's no one else for me, but you. Soojin, will you marry me?" Tears filled my eyes.

"Yes, of course!" She cried. I slid the ring onto her finger as she hugged me. "I want it to be you, forever."

"I'll never leave you. You'll always have me." I smiled, hugging her back.