Chapter XIV

(Soojins POV)

As I woke up, my head was spinning and my eyes were puffy and swollen from the night before.

I was completely sober, but somehow I had almost forgotten where I had went.

I sat up and looked around only to notice I wasn't in my house. I was startled. I looked around the room. This wasn't Aris house either.

I quickly stood up and walked out in the hallway, that's when I saw Minho sleeping on the couch.

"Oh my god." I whispered to myself. I went to Minhos last night!

I tiptoed to the door, quietly, trying not to wake him up. "Where are you going?" I stopped.

I slowly turned around. He was rubbing his eyes and barely sitting up. "Uhm, I'm going home." I smiled.

"Wait." I stopped again. "Eat something before you go."

"It's okay, but thank you though. I really need to go." I felt his arms wrap around me from behind.

"Stay a little longer." My heart nearly stopped.

"I guess I could eat a bit." He let go, heading to the kitchen. I accepted defeat and sat down at the table.

He sat down in front of me. "I've learned that we know nothing about each other."

"And your point is?" I stared.

"Let's get to know each other." He leaned back in his chair.

"No, thanks. I think I know plenty about you." I laughed, nervously.

"Look, just give me a week."

"To do what?" I narrowed my eyes.

"To prove to you that I'm not an asshole." He laughed. "Maybe we can be friends." He smiled.

That's all he wants to be? Friends? "Fine, but you get a week." I sighed. "Can I go now?"

"You haven't met Milo yet." He got up from his chair.

"Who's Milo?"

"Just wait." I waited for his return. "Close your eyes." I covered my eyes with my hands until I felt something sit on my lap. "Open."

"Oh my god. You have a cat?" I reached down.

"Mhm. I've had him since I was 17." He smiled.

"Isn't he just the sweetest." I snuggled closer to him.

"I found him on the streets when my parents kicked me out." He sat in front of me. "He gave me hope. Practically saved my life."

"That's how Seunghan was to me." I smiled, softly. "He saved me. If it wasn't for him, I don't think I could've lived as long as I have."

"About that." He sat up. "I'm sorry about last night. I should've took you home."

"It's okay! I didn't mind staying here. Your bed's comfortable." I laughed. "I hate to do this, but I really need to get going." I apologized.

"For sure." He grabbed Milo from my lap.

"Thank you." I hugged him. "For taking care of me last night." I smiled as I walked out the door.

(Minhos POV)

My breath hitched as she wrapped around me. I stood still. It felt like I was frozen. My arms didn't move an inch.

I watched as she walked out the door. Seeing her smile on her way out. "What do you think, Milo?" I kneeled down. He looked up at me and meowed. "Me too." I patted his head and smiled.

Later that day, I had some work to do. I had taken some time off to give the situation some time to cool down.

I grabbed my jacket and left. I arrived at the building, walking inside, slowly.

"Minho!" I felt someone grab my shoulder. "You came back!"

"It's my job." I crossed my arms.

"You've been gone for a while. I started to think you weren't coming back."

"After the stunt you pulled, I shouldn't have." I clenched my jaw.

"Calm down. That's all over now." He paused. "Did you know that girl escaped?"

"I didn't know you had her locked up in the first place."

"Don't play dumb!" He yelled. "Where is she?"

"Why would I tell you?" I scoffed. "Just leave her alone."

"Is she your girlfriend or something?" He laughed.

"She is my girlfriend!" I clenched my fists. "So leave her be. She's with me."

"You know I can't do that." He chuckled. "She's a risk. What if she turns you in?"

"She wouldn't do that. She already said that this was none of her business." I rolled my eyes.

"That's what your brother said too before he turned you in." My blood ran cold.

"Don't talk about my brother."

"I'm just telling the truth. He told you that he didn't care and then turned around and turned you in." He laughed. "You can't trust anyone."

"Soojin wouldn't do that!" I paused. "She loves me." Did I really just say that?

"And your brother didn't? All I'm saying is, everyone lies." He patted my shoulder.

"I don't give a damn what you think. Soojin risked her life for me."

"Alright, but when this whole thing goes south, I'm not helping you this time." He walked away.

On my way out the door, I felt so angry. "He has no right bringing up my brother." I said to myself as I started the car.

(Soojins POV)

As I washed the dishes, I heard a knock at the door. I set my towel aside and dried my hands on my apron. "Coming!" I screamed.

I opened the door to see Minho. "I was going to leave you alone for today, but I didn't want to be alone."

"But you like being alone?" I giggled.

"Not tonight." He had a serious look in his eye.

"Why don't you stay here for tonight. Let me return the favor." I invited him in. "You can have my bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

I felt his arms spin me around to face him. "For some reason, I can't leave you alone." He was inches from my face, I kept staring.

"Uhm." I was at loss of words.

He kept looking down at my lips and back up to my eyes. "Can I kiss you?"

My heart stopped. "What?" My eyes widened.

"Can I kiss you?" He repeated.

I didn't give him any answer. I leaned in, closing the gap between us. Those short seconds felt like an eternity.