Chapter X

(Soojins POV)

I should have never got involved. How could me and him ever be together? Constantly watching my back. Seeing him get hurt every day. I couldn't do it.

I decided to tell Ari about what he said. "Minho said I was in danger."

"What do you mean?" She pondered.

"There are men who want me gone. Ari they're coming for me." I put my face in my hands.

"Stay with me for a while, okay? I won't let anything happen to you." She pulled me in for a hug.

I decided to go home and pack my things. Only the essentials that I needed.

I wanted this to be over with. I wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

I grabbed my bags and headed to Aris. It was dangerous walking alone, but I was ready to take the risk.

I arrived back at her house, dropping the bags near the door. "Where do you want me to put them?"

"I have an extra room. This way." She motioned me to follow her. "You'll stay here. Don't leave the house by yourself, okay? I'll deal with this matter."

"Please don't. It's Minhos fault! He should be the one dealing with it." I yelled. "I'm sorry, I just really hate him right now." I couldn't help but cry. "I thought he liked me, but I guess not."

"Like I said, Minho isn't a bad guy, but his work is illegal and can get you in trouble. Minho doesn't want anyone to have anything against him." She patted my shoulder. "Which is why he doesn't fall in love."

"He doesn't have to do what he does. He can do something else." I wiped my tears.

"I know, but he's stubborn. Lay down and take a nap." She rubbed my back. "Try to sleep it off."

(Minhos POV)

As I leaned against the building to smoke, I heard a voice call out. "Minho!" I turned around. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"I haven't seen you in forever." It was my friend Felix.

"You still doing that stuff for work?"

"I have to. It pays good and I'm highly respected." I laughed.

"What happened?" He looked down at my stomach.

"It's a part of the job. It fucking hurt too." I chuckled. "Do you still do that stuff for work?"

"Nah, man. I quit a year ago."

"They let you quit?" I relit another cigarette.

"They didn't let me. I just ran away from it. I've been living off the grid for a while." He leaned against the building with me. "I like being normal."

Normal? He enjoyed fearing for his life? Always having the thought that he'd be caught someday? Yeah, normal.

"Anyways, I got to go. Maybe we can hang out again?" He smiled, handing me his number.

"Wouldn't miss it." I smiled back.

(Soojins POV)

I woke up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. "How long did I sleep?" I whispered to myself, looking at the clock. It was 8p.m.

I rushed out of the room to find Ari. I looked in her room, but she wasn't there. I assumed she had went to the store or something.

I closed the bathroom door and hopped in the shower. I sat and let the water drip down my face. I was startled by a noise in the living room.

"Hello?" I called out. "Ari, are you home?" There was no answer. I turned the water off and got out. "Give me a minute, I'm getting dressed."

As I walked out of the bathroom door, there was no one. "Ari, this isn't funny." I looked around.

"Looking for someone?" There were three men behind me.

"Who are you?" I backed into the counter.

"It's okay, we're not going to hurt you." He smirked. "I just want to talk."

"Talk to me where you are." I pulled a knife from the drawer. "Don't touch me."

"You know what, I like you." He laughed. "You're way too pretty for Minho."

"What do you want?" I held the knife in front of me.

"I didn't want to do this to such a pretty girl, but you're going to have to come with us." He came closer.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"You will, if you want your friend alive." He laughed some more. "Ari, right? She's pretty too, but not as pretty as you."

"You're not going to lay a finger on her." I put the knife to my side.

"Or what? You're going to kill me?" He came closer to me. "That's what Minho said to before I beat his ass."

Out of fear, I jabbed the knife in his shoulder, completely missing where I was aiming.

"You bitch." As he pulled the knife out of his shoulder. "I didn't want to hurt you, but you left me no choice."

I ran all through the house trying to get out. The front door was blocked, I aimed for a window.

Ari had left hers open, as I climbed out I was grabbed. "You're not going anywhere."

"Let me go!" I kicked him. He stumbled back before getting up and stabbing the back of my thigh. I screamed in pain as I fell on the floor.

He kneeled down in front of me. "I actually started to like you. What a shame it is. I thought we were going to have some fun." That was the last thing I remember before my vision went black.