Chapter XXX

(Soojins POV)

It had been a few months since I had told Minho about the baby. He was spiraling into a sea of nervousness and fear.

He constantly bought baby clothes, toys, and shoes. Every now and then, I heard the question "What if the baby doesn't like me?" It was such a silly question.

Today was the day we finally got to find out the gender. We were both pretty unfazed. This whole parenting thing was new to us.

As I got ready, Minho made sure I wasn't straining myself too hard. "Let me do that for you." He bent down and tied my shoes.

"I'm not that pregnant." I laughed. "I can still tie my own shoes."

"It might hurt the baby." He pouted. "Just let me do it." He continued to tie the shoes.

When we got to the hospital, we were shaking with fear. I made small talk with Minho while they took us back. "What do you want it to be?"

"I haven't thought about it." He pondered. "Possibly a girl, but a boy would be nice."

"I want a boy." I looked up at him. "I just have this feeling he's a boy." He kissed the top of my head.

"Boy it is." He smiled.

As we got back to the room, I laid down. "Do you want it to be a surprise or do you want me to tell you now?" The doctor asked. I looked over at Minho.

"That's up to you." He smiled. "Do you want it to be a surprise?"

"I don't think I could wait that long. Just tell me." I laughed.

"Congratulations to you both. It's a healthy boy." We both smiled. At that moment, I was on the brink of tears.

"It's a boy?" I choked up. Minho stood up to hug me as I got up.

"It's a boy, Soojin." He kissed me.

When we left, I had so many texts from Ari.

Ari: Hey!! Call me!
Ari: Pick up your phone!
Ari: Jinnie!! I'm nosy!
Ari: WHAT'S THE GENDER????
Ari: Fine. I'll ask Minho😒
Ari: Why is neither one of you answering the damn phone???

I finally got around to calling her back. "It's about damn time. I've been on the edge of my seat all day."

"It's a boy!" I screamed.

"Oh my god! A boy!" She squealed. "I know this is soon, but have you thought about names?"

"Uhm." I trailed off. I had thought about names. I wanted to name him Seunghan. "I haven't." I lied.

"You have plenty of time! No rush!" She chuckled. "Anyways, I got to go. Dad's calling me." She hung up.

When we got home, Minho was all over me. He smothered me with kisses. He laid me on the couch while he hovered over me. "My pretty girlfriend." He kissed me some more.

"Minho!" I giggled. "Stop that." I smiled

"Do you really want me to stop?"

I pulled him closer, kissing him. "No." I giggled. I heard the phone ring as I looked over. "Hold on." I sat up. It was Ari. "Hello."

"Soojin!" She was crying. "I tried to call Minho, but I couldn't get through."

"Breathe for a second. What's going on?" I stood up.

"There are some people looking for you." She cried. "I can't protect you this time. They.." She trailed off. "They killed my dad."

"Where are you?"

"No!" She yelled. "Don't come looking for me. I need you, Minho, and the baby to be safe!"

"I have to come find you!" I yelled back.

"No! There's two men here. They will hurt you." She paused. "They are after you, Soojin."

"Stay safe. I'll be there in a minute." I hung up. "We got to go."

"What's going on?" Minho looked confused.

"Those guys from before are looking for me. We are not safe here." I grabbed his hand. "We have to leave now!"

We ran to the car, taking little to nothing with us. "We'll come back for the rest of it later." Minho kept driving. "You need to stay somewhere safe."

"What about you?"

"Don't worry about me. Is there anywhere you can stay?" He asked.

"There's not. Me and my parents aren't on good terms and Ari is not safe either." I panicked.

"Okay, you're going to stay with my friend for a while." He took out his phone.

"Who?" I looked over at him.

"His name's Felix. He will take good care of you." He dialed the number and explained the situation. "It'll only be for a few days, okay?" He smiled.

As I got out of the car, I couldn't bring myself to leave him. "Will I see you again?"

"Of course, you will." He smiled, kissing me. "I'll always come back to you."