Chapter XXI

(Minhos POV)

It's been two weeks since Soojin had been in a coma and a week since me and Aris' dad put our differences aside.

Ari came by every day with her father. They were mending a relationship that was let go years ago. They weren't fully healed, but the progress shined through.

"We're back." Ari smiled as she walked through the door. "How is she?"

"She's doing incredible." I smiled softly. I stood up as Aris' dad gave me a pat on the back.

"She'll be awake in no time, kid." He smiled.

"I hope so. I would wait forever." I smiled back.

"I realized last night that you never knew my name." He laughed. "It's Kenon Lee, but to you it's Mr.Lee." He laughed some more.

"We won't stay for long. I just wanted to see her." Ari stepped over to the bed, slipping a present on her table. "It's her birthday."

"I wish someone would have said something. I would have gotten her a cake." I laughed.

"I didn't think she'd be awake to celebrate her birthday, I'm sorry." She stepped back by the door. "We'll get going now."

"Call if you need anything." Mr.Lee gave a warm smile and I followed it with a nod.

A few hours passed of me checking on Soojin and making sure she was nice and comfortable. I held her hand. "Happy birthday, Soojin." I smiled, stroking her hair. "We'll celebrate your birthday together when you're awake." I kissed her forehead.

As I got up, I noticed her fingers slightly moving. My eyes widened. With every movement, it was stronger. I put my hand on hers. "Don't rush it, Jinnie." She fell limp again.

As I walked away, her monitor started beeping, rapidly. I turned around to see her eyes open and her breathing heavily. I called for help.

Three nurses rushed in to calm her down. "She's awake!" One of them screamed. One of them patted me on the back. "Congratulations, kid."

"Please be gentle with her and don't rush into anything. She's not herself right now." A nurse informed me.

"Not herself?" One of my eyebrows raised.

"When patients first wake up, they are a little out of it. Everything is surreal for them the first few hours." She patted my shoulder. "Give it some time." She smiled before walking out.

I walked over and sat next to Soojin. "Minho?" She said, but her voice cracked.

"I'm right here." I smiled. "Everything is going to be okay. Take it slow."

(Soojins POV)

I stared at him for a good second. Everything felt different and I wasn't entirely sure if I was awake or not.

"How long was I asleep?" My words slurred.

"Not that long." He patted my hand. "Don't worry about that, okay? Just relax." His smile was warmer from what I could remember. It was genuine this time.

"Where's Ari?"

"You just missed her. She came by to give you something." He handed me a gift. "You don't have to open it now, I'll lay it down."

I grabbed his wrist. "I'll open it." As I tore it open, tears swelled my eyes. It was a bracelet that she made herself along with a note. Ari was so crafty.

The note read. "Dear, Jinnie. I know you're going to make it out of this. I've been thinking about you for weeks now. Minho has been with you the entire time. He is too stubborn to say it, but he took care of you since the day you got here. I have never seen him leave that room. Anyways, I wanted to say happy birthday. You're 23 now and getting older! I love you. Love, Ari." I sobbed uncontrollably after reading the note.

I couldn't gather up any words, instead, I leaned forward and pulled Minho in with my arm. "Thank you for taking care of me." I sobbed.

He rubbed my back, gently. "Shh, it's okay. I love you so much, Soojin." I froze when I heard him say it.

"What?" I pulled away, wiping my tears. He grabbed my hands, tears swelled his eyes.

"I shouldn't have left you that night. As soon as I got the call that you were dead, I had to come home. It took me a long time to realize it, but I love you so much."

"Minho, I." He cut me off.

"You don't have to say it back and you don't have to like me back. I will spend eternity chasing you in circles. It was always you. My favorite girl." He cried.

"I was going to say, I love you too." His eyes lit up. "From the moment I saw you, I wanted to know more. I have spent the last few months chasing you in circles." I laughed. "I've been waiting to hear you say that. When I fell from that building, I knew I was going to make it. I was going to come back and tell you that I love you." He squeezed me tightly, but just enough to where he was trying to be gentle.

"I will spend my entire life loving you. You will always be the one for me." And just like that he kissed me. But this time, it didn't feel like the last kiss he gave me.

This one was full of love. It wasn't an empty kiss. This one had passion. His blood, sweat, and tears went into this kiss. From that moment on, I knew his feelings for me were genuine.