Chapter VIII

(Minhos POV)

~Earlier That Day~

I got out of my car and walked across the street. The lady had given me his whereabouts, but I had never been on this side of town.

I saw a man leaning against the building and decided to ask for directions.

"Excuse me." He looked up. "Do you know where this is?" I pulled my phone out, showing him the address.

He smirked. "Yeah, it's up the road on your first right." Without saying a word, I walked away.

I took a right and was met with a building. "How's anyone supposed to find this?" The doors were boarded up. "Shit." I looked around for another way in until I was greeted.

"You must be Minho." A man approached me.

"Who's asking?"

"Don't worry about that. We just want to talk." Two men appeared around the corner. One of them being the man I spoke to. "We heard you kill for money."

"I don't kill people." I stood there, I was cornered.

"Starting today you do. We need this girl." It was Soojin. My blood ran cold.

"I don't kill people." I repeated, clenching my fists.

"Come on now, she your girlfriend or something?" All three of them laughed. "Come on man, just do your job."

I got closer to him. "What do you want with her?"

"We heard she busted in on an exchange the other night. You know the rules." He chuckled. "She knows too much, man. She's got to go."

I grabbed him by the collar and pushed him against the wall. "Don't fucking touch her."

"I ain't the one touching her. You gotta do it." He smirked.

"I'm not laying a finger on her." I tightened my grip on his shirt. "And if I found out one of you did, I'll fucking kill you."

"I thought you said you don't kill?" He laughed some more. "Oh wait. You do for your girlfriend."

I threw him against the wall once more before throwing him on the ground. "Leave her alone!" I couldn't stop. I felt hands on my back as I was lifted off, chucked against the wall.

"You can't do shit to me!" He got up from the ground. "You can't take on three guys."

I wiggled out of their grasp and threw a left hook at one of them while kicking the other. I couldn't take on three men.

"Have it your way then." He smirked. As I ran up to him, I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I gasped while looking down.

There was blood pouring as he twisted the knife in my back, I hit the ground.

All I could think about was Soojin. She needed protection, I had to keep fighting. She needed me.

(Soojins POV)

I rushed down the street. I had no clue where I was running too, but I went straight to Aris house.

"Ari!" I opened the door.

"Soojin, we need to go. Now!" She grabbed my hand, pulling me out the door.

"What happened?" I panicked.

"I just got a call. Minho got himself into some big trouble." She drove, frantically. "Something bigger than he can handle."

My heart dropped. What could he have done?

We rushed into the hospital, I went up to the front desk panting. "We need to see Minho."

"Come with me." A nurse led me back.

His lower waist was wrapped with bandages and he wasn't conscious. "Minho!" I ran, dropping my bag. "What happened?"

"Someone brought him in. Said they saw him injured on the side of the street. There was a knife in his back." My eyes widened. "He was brought in just in time. He should be awake in a few hours."

I sat and waited on him to wake up. It was getting late, but I needed to see him. I wanted to thank him.

He may never talk to me again, but I wanted one last chance.

(Minhos POV)

As I woke up, I frantically sat up, grabbed my side from the pain. "Fuck." I mumbled. I laid back down while trying to collect myself.

I looked over to see Soojin sleeping on the couch next to me. I stared for a while. I sighed in relief, knowing she was still safe and well.

I stood up to the best of my ability and threw a blanket over her.

The next morning, I was hurting pretty bad. My sides ached and my back was sore. I could barely move.

I watched Soojin as she opened her eyes. Slowly batting them as she sat up. "Minho." She said, softly.

For a second, that word echoed through my head. She got up, standing over me.

"I wanted to say thank you for saving my life."

"Don't get used to it." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I'm glad you're alive. I'll get going now." I watched her walk out the door. I should've asked her to stay.

(Soojins POV)

I carefully closed the door and walked home. I took out my phone and deleted his number.

He was right. I was stupid to get involved with stuff I don't understand. I was stupid to get involved with him.

I walked through the doors and got ready for the day. I was a little late for class, but today I had a good reason to be.

Me and Minho were never meant to meet. We had different lifestyles. It could never work.