Chapter XXXVI

(Soojins POV)

It had been a few months since my parents finally got what they deserved, along with the rest of the people who tortured me and made my life a living hell.

Our baby was growing. I was now close to having him any day now. Minho and me had settled on the name Seunghan in honor of my brother.

I sat on the couch, watching some TV while Minho was out at work. Despite his past, he was quickly accepted into police training where Felix was his trainer.

He was so successful. He had turned his life around completely just for me.

I heard the door open as he laid his bag down. "I'm home." He said, taking off his shoes.

"How was work?" I asked, smiling.

He gave me a quick kiss before answering. "It was just fine. I missed you so much today." He kissed me one last time. "How's Seunghan today?"

"He's been super active today." I laughed. "Constantly kicking me."

"You're due any day now." He said, examining my stomach. "I'm starting to think he might make his way out today."

"I sure hope so." I groaned, struggling to get off the couch. "My back is killing me." I laughed.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed some juice from the fridge while Minho hopped in the shower.

As I walked back to the couch, I felt a strong cramp in my stomach. "You need to stop moving today." I laughed.

Before I made it to the couch, my water had broke all over the floor while the contractions intensified.

I kept my breathing steady as I waited on Minho to leave the bathroom. When he came out, I was kneeled on the floor.

"Are you okay?" He rushed to me.

"I'm okay." I smiled. "It's time." His eyes widened as he rushed me to the car.

"Do you think you'll make it?" He said, nervously.

"I'm sure I will. Can you call Ari?" I said in between breaths. He nodded.

(Minhos POV)

I rushed to grab my phone as I dialed Ari's number. "Hello?" She answered.

"Meet us at the hospital. He's on his way." I laughed.

"I'm on my way." She hung up.

When we got there, I helped Soojin out of the car and into a wheelchair as they wheeled her back into the delivery room.

"Sir, are you the father?" A nurse asked me.

"Yes and her fiancé." I smiled.

"Come with me." She lead me back to the room with Soojin.

"Ari is on her way." I smiled as I held Soojin's hand.

"She might not make it in time." She began to push.

"Have you been having contractions all day?" I asked. She was pushing too soon. She just went into labor minutes ago.

"I've actually been having these pains all night, but my water never broke so I ignored it." She pushed again.

"She's fully dilated. The babies crowning." The nurse mentioned. "Alright Soojin, it's just me and you." She smiled.

Ari rushed through the door. "Already?" She sat down.

"He'll be here in a few short minutes." I laughed.

There was a lot of pain involved for the next few minutes. She pushed until Seunghan was finally brought into the world.

"Congratulations, mom and dad." The nurse handed him to Soojin.

"Minho, he looks just like you." She smiled. I teared up as I hovered over him.

"He's identical." Ari laughed.

For the first few minutes, I couldn't bring myself to hold him. What if he cried in my arms? What if he never liked me?

I finally built up the courage to grab him. In an instant, he was soothed. He slept peacefully in my arms.

"I think he likes you more than me." Soojin laughed.

"Well, I'll be. He doesn't hate me." I stared at him. "Hi, buddy." I whispered as I bounced around.

Soojin had finally fell asleep. I was constantly with Seunghan. I changed him, fed him, and played with him as much as I could.

Ari finally got to hold him. "Lord, Minho, he looks just like you." She laughed. "I mean, you guys could be twins."

"He's got Soojins smile though." I said. "I made him laugh earlier. Their smiles are the same."

She continued to hold him while I went and got Soojin some food. It was her first meal.

"Soojin." I said, walking through the door holding a bunch of her favorite foods.

"You're an angel." She smiled, taking the food from my hands. "Did Seunghan sleep okay?"

"He slept fine. I was there the whole time." I smiled.

"Thank you for watching him." I cut her off.

"That's my job. You don't have to thank me for being a parent." I kissed her head. "We will always do this together." I held her close.