Chapter VII

(Soojins POV)

After I was discharged, I couldn't get ahold of Minho. It had been days since I've heard from him and I hadn't seen him around either.

I wanted to thank him in person for saving my life that night. I still can't remember exactly what happened when I blacked out, but I remember Minhos voice saying "stay with me."

Ari said that he had morals and he was a good person, but I just couldn't see it at times.

Of course, he saved my life, but he also kidnaps people and takes them to have them killed. How does that make him a good person?

Even with that thought, my heart fluttered at the thought of him. Saving my life was just the beginning.

(Minhos POV)

I avoided all of Soojins calls. He was right, I had gone soft. I needed to get my edge back. I needed to start taking more jobs.

I fed Milo before walking out of the house. "Be good." I smirked at him.

As I got in my car, the phone rang, but this time it was from an unknown number. "What?"

"Ahh, Minho!" A woman started speaking.

"Do I know you?"

"Not yet, but I've heard a lot about you." I started the engine. "I've got a job for you."

"What is it?"

"Well, I need you to bring me someone." I could hear her shuffling papers.

"Apparently you haven't heard anything about me. I need to know how much I'm getting paid. It better be good too." I lit my cigarette.

"Oh, it's good. 30k sound alright?" My eyes lit up.

"Perfect." I blew the smoke out the window.

"Meet me." The phone line went dead as I sped off.

(Soojins POV)

I was almost too scared to talk to Ari. I was afraid that this would ruin our friendship, but I had classes today so avoiding her was inevitable.

As I walked in the door, everyone stared at me. My neck had bruises all over it and my arm was wrapped.

"Miss Soojin, are you alright?" The professor turned.

"I'm fine. Just a little accident." I quickly went to my seat to get the attention off of me.

"I haven't heard from you in a while. What's going on?" Ari turned to me.

"I needed some time to rest and process what happened the other night. I'm still a little shaken up." I grabbed my books from my bag.

"I figured. I hope you don't look at me any differently. Remember, I don't hurt people. It's against everything I stand for." She patted my shoulder.

When the lesson ended, I was silent as we walked down the street. I kept worrying about Minho.

"Ari, have you heard from Minho?" I looked over.

"Business is business. I didn't even know his name until you told me. I have never talked to him before, but I see him all the time." She pondered. "Here recently though, I haven't seen him at all."

"I'm afraid he hates me."

"Minho doesn't like to get close to people. If I were you, I'd let him go." She looked at her watch. "I got to go! See ya!" She ran off.

Let him go and just forget? I couldn't do that. I didn't know much about him, but I wanted to change him. I wanted to be there for him.

(Minhos POV)

I walked into the building. The place was dark and cold. I looked around to find someone until I was greeted.

"So you're Minho." An older lady hugged me.

"Who are you?"

"The person that called you, of course." She smiled. I crossed my arms and sat in silence. "Looks like someones not a talker." She laughed.

"This is business. As soon as you get what you want I'm out of here. Get to the point."

"I need this boy right here." She handed me a paper. The boys name was Christopher.

"What'd he do?"

"Does it matter? I need him. Preferably in one piece if you can." She walked to her desk.

"I don't kill people. He'll get here in one piece." I handed her the paper. "When do you need him?"

"By tonight."

"Tonight? I'm going to need more pay." I crossed my arms.

"40k then?" It was low for such a short amount of time, but I know these assholes. They'll drop the price any given chance.

"Deal. I'll have him here by tonight." I walked out the door.

(Soojins POV)

I walked home by myself for the first time in a while. I was all beaten up and barely able to talk.

I looked around for Minho, hoping I'd run into him somehow, but I never did.

I went inside, taking my shoes off at the door and dropping my bag on the couch. I decided to call Minho again.

It rang and rang yet he never answered. I wasn't surprised. I decided to lay in bed for a while. I wasn't that hungry after what I had went through.

I slowly drifted off to sleep. My eyes came open ever so slightly every now and then until I was fully asleep.

I tossed and turned as the nightmares got worse. That same night replaying. I woke up in a cold sweat when that man put his hands around my neck.

I decided to go on the porch and get some fresh air. I looked up at the stars and slowly breathed in and out.

I picked up my phone to see 3 missed calls from Ari. I instantly called her back.

"Soojin!" She was distressed.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"It's Minho! He's hurt! Come quick!" She hung up the phone.

I sprinted down the sidewalk, only in pajamas. What could he have gotten himself into now?