Chapter XXIII

(Soojins POV)

I struggled with every task because of my arm. Minho was so attentive to me. It helped with everything and didn't let me lift a finger. All my laundry, the dishes, and even cleaned the house.

Although I was thankful for it, I couldn't help but feel useless. I wanted to do these things on my own. I wanted to heal faster.

"Are you doing okay?" Minho asked from the kitchen counter. He was making dinner while I sulked on the couch.

"Let me make dinner." I pouted.

"You can't really do that with one arm." He laughed.

"I feel so useless lying here." I dramatically fell back on the couch. "The suffering is never ending." I let out a heavy sigh.

"Just hold off a few more days, and we'll get that cast off you." He continued to cook.

I watched him from afar. My chin on the back of the couch, one arm dangling over the back. I noticed him looking over at me ever so briefly. I continued to stare.

He put the plates on the table and walked over to me. "Can you walk?" He asked.

I scoffed. "Of course, I can walk." I walked over to the table. Minho came up behind me, putting his hands on my hips.

"Maybe I wanted to carry you." He whispered in my ear, his breath hitting my neck. Chills coursed down my spine from the touch.

"I can walk just fine." I giggled. His lips hovered over my neck with a small gap.

"We better get that cast off of you soon. I'm going crazy." He growled, sending vibrations along my neck.

"You can wait a few more days." I turned around and kissed him before sitting down. "Now come eat."

He sat down in front of me, never taking his eyes off of me. Usually, his gaze was sweet and kind, but at this moment, it was dark.

For the entire night, he watched over me. He helped me change and clean up. He was finally letting me do things on my own.

As we lay down in bed, his hands slid up my waist. Tracing every feature. My back was against his chest. His head was nuzzled in my neck.

"You're so pretty." He whispered.

I could only giggle at his words before turning to face him. I stared into his eyes; it seemed like an eternity in this bed.

I moved closer to him, feeling his warmth around me. As I slowly drifted off the sleep, I heard him whisper. "I love you so much, Soojin. You have no idea how long I have waited for you." As he scooped me into his arms.

I didn't want him to know I had heard him, so I stayed silent as he held me tightly.

The next morning, I was set to meet Ari for lunch. It had been a while since we had done stuff like that. I was beginning to miss it.

As I put my shoes on, Minho stopped me. "Where are you going?" His eyes barely open.

"Are you just getting up? It's noon." I laughed.

"You know I'm not an early person." He giggled, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm going to have lunch with Ari, okay?" I walked closer to him and stroked his head. "I won't be gone long." I kissed him.

He hugged me from behind as I walked away. "I'll be waiting for you." He kissed my cheek.

I walked out the door and met with Ari, who decided to meet me halfway. She was so excited to see me after everything I had been through.

"Jinnie! I missed you so much!" She pulled me into her embrace, squeezing me tight.

"If you squeeze me any tighter, we might be making another trip back to the hospital." I laughed.

"I am so sorry!" She giggled, pulling away. "I just couldn't wait to see you. After I had found you lying there, I had lost all hope." She turned to me. "I am just so glad you are okay. I can't live without you." Tears swelled in my eyes at her words.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ari. I will always be right here with you. I promise." I smiled, taking her by the hand.

"Next time, don't jump off a building to prove a point." She laughed. "There is always another way; you just got to look for it. Be creative." She sipped her drink. "You learn a lot when you're the daughter of the most well-known mafia leader."

"Speaking of your dad, he's not mad at me, right?"

"Of course not! He wants you to be mad at him. He did horrible things to you and doesn't want your forgiveness." She grabbed my hand to comfort me.

"One day, I will learn to forgive him for what he did, but today, I just can't do it." I looked down at my feet. "People change constantly; you know I am a fan of second chances." I laughed.

"Oh, I know." She rolled her eyes sarcastically. "You definitely gave Minho a second chance." She eyed me up and down, implying something.

"Oh my god! We didn't do anything." I held my arm up. "Look at this cast! I can't do anything." I couldn't hold myself together. I laughed uncontrollably. "I'm kidding. I don't know if I'm ready for that."

"You say that now, but as soon as you get that cast off, you're in for one." She walked faster.

"What does that mean?" I yelled, trying to speed up. "Ari, slow down!" She laughed at my struggle.

"All I'm saying is, I saw how Minho looks at you. That boy is not going to hold off after that cast is gone." She laughed some more.

I nudged her shoulder. "I'm sure you're just delusional."

"Tell me that again when he goes all out the day you get that cast removed." She side-eyed me.

On my way home, I parted ways with Ari for the day and was excited to see Minho. I walked through the door, kicking my shoes off at the entrance. "I'm back!"

I heard taps through the hallway; they grew louder each second until I saw Minho swing around the corner. "You're home!" He hugged me and pouted. "I've been waiting for you all day."

I rubbed his back. "I've only been gone a few hours." I cradled him. "Let's go lay down." He followed me to bed as I tucked him in.

"Lay down with me." He grabbed my wrist and pouted some more.

"It's still early in the day." I giggled. "I'm not tired." He pulled me onto his lap, leaving inches between us.

"You don't have to be tired. Just stay here with me." His big brown eyes stared at me without any movement. He was so infatuated with me.

"Okay." I leaned in and kissed him before lying next to him.