Chapter XII

(Soojins POV)

I laid in the hospital for days. I had lost so much blood that I was unable to leave until they had found a donor.

I was weak all over and my leg was practically paralyzed. I had to start physical therapy in the next week.

I was scared and doing this all alone. Ari occasionally visited from time to time, but she didn't have to go through any of this.

I hated Minho for it. Because of him, I was constantly fearing for my life and on the run. I could never live normal again.

I was starting to think it was best to move back in with my parents across the country. Is that really what I want?

All I knew for now was I wanted out of this bed and out of Minhos life for good.

(Minhos POV)

I called her multiple times, but there was still no answer. I knew I said I wasn't going to get involved but this was all my fault.

It was something I needed to fix on my own, but I needed her safe.

Maybe I do like her a bit, but I'm not soft for her. I would never be soft for anyone.

As I walked into the front doors of the hospital, I greeted Ari who was in the waiting room.

"Minho, I don't think this is a good time." She mentioned.

"Did something happen?" My eyes widened.

"No, she's just really angry right now. It's best if you go." I sighed.

"Let me go talk to her. I just want to apologize and then I'm out of her life for good."

As I walked through the hallway, my chest felt heavy. I was suddenly nervous to see her. It was something I had never felt before.

I peaked in the door as she laid there and stared at the ceiling. I knocked before opening the door.

"What do you want?" She rolled over.

"I wanted to apologize. You don't have to forgive me, I just wanted to say I'm sorry." She was silent. "Originally, I was going to do this over the phone, but you haven't been answering."

"I don't want to talk to you right now." She mumbled.

"I understand that. I'll get going." As I walked to the door, I couldn't help but to stop. "Just so you know, they were right about me being soft for you." I opened the door and left, never looking back.

(Soojins POV)

My eyes widened at the last words he said to me. Did he just say he was soft for me?

I wanted to chase him down and forgive him for everything, but how could I? He's the whole reason I'm in this mess.

~Days later~

I was finally out of this bed and able to walk. Although I had to keep a crutch on me at all times, I was healing well.

"You ready to go home?" Ari smiled as she packed my things.

"I'm so ready." I laughed a bit. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"What's up?"

"Minho said he was soft for me. It was the last thing he said to me before he left. I can't get it out of my head. What should I do?" I put my head on my hands as I leaned forward.

"Do you like him?" She sat next to me.

"I think so, but I'm not too sure. I know he's bad for me, but I always go back to him."

"Give him some space for a while, let those feelings bottle up. You'll eventually know if you like him or not." She hugged me. "Now come on. Let's get you home."

As we pulled into my complex, it felt so nice to be home. Ari helped me up the stairs and into the house, carrying all of my bags.

"Thank you so much." I smiled.

"It's the least I could do. Now if you need anything, just call me. I will come over right away." She hugged me. "I better get going."

I sat on the couch letting out a big sigh as I took in the air of my house.

I grabbed my phone, hesitant to text Minho. Ari said he needed space, but I needed to know what he meant.

"I was hoping we could talk about what you said the other day." I typed out, but my fear got the best of me. I deleted every word.

(Minhos POV)

I decided to take Felix up on his offer of hanging out. It had been a while since I had seen him.

I picked up my phone and dialed the number. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Minho." I sat up.

"I didn't think you were going to call." He laughed. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you were free today?"

"Of course I am. Let me get dressed and we can meet wherever you want." I smiled.

"How about the cafe?"

"Sounds great. I'll see you then!" I hung up the phone, quickly finding some shoes.

As I arrived at the cafe, Felix had already beat me there. He motioned for me to sit with him.

"I heard you got into some trouble the other night." He mentioned.

"Don't remind me. I fucked up." I laughed.

"You saved that girls life. That's not the Minho that I know, but I like it." He sipped his coffee.

"That was the second time I saved her life. She's always in the way."

"Seems to me she's just a good person with a big heart, but she doesn't realize that having such a big heart comes with trouble." He laughed. "She got in the way to rescue her friend. She could change you."

"Change me? No way." I scoffed. "It's not like I'm soft or anything."

"Minho, I say this as your friend, you need a change. Let some love into your heart." He patted my shoulder.

Love into my heart? Everyone I have loved has died because of me. I couldn't live with myself. I could not go through that again.