A Broken Promise - Season 2 - Chapter 40 (43)

Whelp no rant this time.

_______________________________

MC POV

(Small note it's roughly May 7th or so in canon timeline, it's hard to tell but reddit is helping me with this one, "An Unofficial Timeline of BNHA" by u/chaotickairos)

Around ten minutes after Yaoyorozu's mom left she returned with some baked goods made by the maid.

"Is this everyday for you," I take a bite out of the Danish Pastry I had taken, blueberry.

"Some times, I spend a lot of my time studying or chatting away with the workers here, they've all raised me and I have a deep care for many of them. How about you, what do you do in your free time".

I take a little biscuit, which someone had brought, and fed it to Kuro. Kind of weird that they just have snacks that dogs can eat on the ready, I haven't seen any animals around if you exclude birds and such.

"Study, reading, watching stuff online, and listen to music. You know the basic stuff".

"No hobbies? You mentioned that you were sort of forced into this position, training to be a hero and all, but didn't you want to do anything else?"

I sit and ponder for a moment before answering her question.

"Science I guess, my quirk sort of leaned my into that side, understanding gravitational waves and the likes. I suppose I also study some things about the mind for awhile, though I dropped it somewhat quickly after I started," Kuro slowly nibbles on the snack before placing her mouth on my finger trying to eat it, though not very roughly.

"A lovely profession to work towards, though I'm happier you became a hero. Even if it was bad that you were forced into it," she attempts to hide an apology in her last sentence, not like it bothers me since I believe I'm happier this way too.

"Well I can't really complain, if I didn't join UA I wouldn't have met all of you now would I?"

Hearing my words Momo smiles a bit, happy to hear that I'm also enjoying my time. I also notice Jiro's face shift a little though it's hard to see from where I'm sitting.

"Aren't you a smooth talker~" Setsuna leans her weight into me for a moment before moving back to where she was sitting, to my right on the edge of the couch to be exact.

"Quite, despite your quietness you are decently charismatic".

"Charismatic, me? I just speak the mind, though I can't help but wonder if I'm speaking from my heart instead as of recently," I wiggle my finger around, my gravity lightening Kuro as she flies around still clamped onto my right index finger.

"I'm happy to hear that".

I give Momo and odd glance at that statement, a questioning glance.

"She means that she is happy that your able to speak with emotions rather than logic, something you did when we first met you," Jiro places the pastry in her hands onto a small plate, haven beat Setsuna to the punch.

"I see," I pause in contemplation before Momo's voice brings me back.

"Well I think that's enough of that, I wouldn't want everyone hear to overwork their minds after such a tough day we all had. Why don't we all watch a movie or something".

"That sounds fun!"

Jiro and I watch the two attempt to pick a movie that we all would be willing to watch, Kuro is currently floating upside down slowly drifting around the room.