A Date - Season 2 - Chapter 41 (44)

Whelp rant this time.

So... It's been like 50 minutes since I wrote the last chapter, not very long but that last bit just got me into the writing mood.

But there is something I wanted to talk about and that's the MC and his personality.

So do you all mind the softness, like most Harem MCs I find are just cold assholes or something along those lines. Now some of them do end up having personalities that are likable or just enjoyable enough to continue reading (or you're reading a book with a Dark MC so it's what to expect), but I wanted to write an MC that wasn't like that, that I could properly write and still make human. I hope I've been doing a good job with that, but my main point is that the MC will need to change as we go, he is going to be a hero with multiple girlfriends (I haven't forgotten that this is a harem book I assure you), and is going to go through a lot.

I don't plan on making the MC a dick or anything just more... Confident? Eventually that is and I hope that you all enjoy my attempt at showing his growth, the current MC is decently confident just not used to the whole emotional side of things, which once he gets a grasp on... well you'll see.

Small note that when I do this, "hello", instead of "Hello" the people are speaking in calmer tones, I feel like it's a given but still just wanted to note it.

Anyways, Enjoy.

_______________________________

MC POV - 7:46 AM

(Small Changes to my writing style as I find it awkward in certain areas)

Having finished breakfast we all decided we'd spend the day out enjoying our day off, after the sports festival they'd deemed it best to not force us to immediately go back to school while they went over internal affairs, which was nice of them.

Thankfully I'm doing much better after my sleep which has cured most of my fatigue, both mental and physical.

A voice knocks me out of my stupor, one belonging to Momo, as Setsuna tugs me alone, "Let's check out that shop over there!" I'm quickly dragged along into one of the nearby clothing stores of the mall we're currently at, thankfully Momo offered to pay as I've got no money... really need to fix that somehow.

As I'm dragged around I'm forced to rate or give my opinions on many different pairs of clothing, Setsuna and Jiro are both also participating in trying on clothing, though not as much on Jiro's end. Probably due to my presence.

"Enjoying yourself?" Setsuna walks up nudging her shoulder into me, staring down I notice she's wearing a tight floral patterned button-up along with a set of shorts that reach her mid-thigh, accentuating her ass and thighs, though the back of the floral shirt blocks most of her rear.

Wait... Did she lift the back of her shirt just to show her ass to me... Should I be proud that I noticed, or ashamed it took me so long?

"I am, seeing my lovely girlfriend enjoy herself will always make me happy," she takes a moment staring at me before giving me a peck on the cheek, "Good job at flirting, you're getting better, seems last night did a lot to you mentally huh".

Nodding at her words we both hear the door open to one of the changing rooms, Momo stepping out in a thin and black long-sleeved t-shirt, around her waist is a dark-velvety red reaching down to her achilles area, "Does this look good" She steps out, the clacking of her black dress heels reaching our ears as turns on the spot letting us both see her back and front.

"It looks great, you and your mother have quite similar fashions you know," "he's right you know, on both points".

"Yes well my mother did teach me about fashion after all so it only makes sense our fashions are similar," stepping towards us I notice some glances from other women in the store, some with their boyfriends who only give me an understanding look.