Chapter Three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three: Friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hiya Jack! Guys this is Jack" Wade introduced Jack to the group of people. "Oh hey Jack, I'm Bob, remember from English?" Bob said, Jack laugh "How could I forget? You thought I was Scottish" the table emerged in laughter. "I said Scottish or Irish" Bob said trying to cover up his mishap.

"For the rest of you guys, this is Sean or better known as Jack" the group nodded.

"Hi, i'm Minx or Michelle" a girl said with a British accent, Jack waved his hand and said hey as a reply. "Ken" a teen with a beard and bear hat on. "I'm Fabulous Felix" another guy with blonde hair and blue shirt said, he also had a Swedish accent. "Cry or Ryan" a teen with a white mask and brown hair said.

"Krism" a teenage girl with a red top and raven hair said. There was one last boy that stood quiet, until Felix nudged him "Ma-Mark, I'm Mark nice to meet you, Jack" Mark stuttered "You too" Wade gestured for Jack to sit down.

"So Jack, you're a transfer right?" the boy with the mask asked, "Correct, I just moved to America a week ago."Cry gave a nod and started to munch on his bag of chips. "Are you the only child?" the bearded kid said "Actually, no, I have a sister, Sam." Ken let out a small okay, so far Mark hasn't said a word.

"Hey Mark, you okay?" Wade asked concerned, the American snapped out his train of thought. "Uh-uh yeah, I'm fine, thanks Wade" Wade raised an eyebrow of disbelief, not sure if Mark was telling the truth or not.

Mark excused himself from the table and left for the bathroom stalls. Wade and Bob, being the closest to him followed. "Was he acting like this before I got here?" Jack asked Minx, Minx shook her head "He's barely like this, he's always the energetic one, saying' stupid shit that makes us laugh" she laughed, soon returning to a serious face. "Well... there was one time he was acting like this, but even worst" Minx sighed at the unforgettable memory of Mark's devastating moments in his life.

Jack deciding it wasn't his place to know what had happen, just nodded his head. "Hey, Jack?" Minx asked once again, this time whispering so the others couldn't hear. "Yeah?" Jack whispered back, Minx collected her thoughts before speaking "Are-are you homophobic?" the question caught Jack off guard. "Actually, no, no I'm not, in fact," Jack paused before saying the rest, rethinking if he should say it, well he already have her on the edge of her seat, so why not? "I'm bisexual" Minx face glowed with happiness.

"Great! Because, most of us or either gay or bisexual. Like me, I'm lesbian and Krism is my girlfriend. Same with those guys, except for Ken, him Bob and Wade are the only straight people in the group. Felix and Cry are dating and Mark is single." Jack didn't know why this information made him so happy, was it because they're more like him? Or is it the fact Mark, the one he had his eyes on since he came, is bisexual and single.

Jack blushed, "Wow, well I guess I fit right in" Jack laughed, Minx followed. "Hey you two!" they heard a Southern accent holler out, "Lets go to the tree!" 'the tree?' Jack thought to himself, what tree?

Minx giggled and pulled Jack's hand towards the outside of the school, she dragged him behind a big oak tree. "This is the tree, where we mainly stay at" Minx explained, she smiled and gave him a big steak. "Since this High School is 6th grade through 12th, in 8th grade we all formed as a group and made this a meet up. Then we basically, wrote/carved our names onto the tree, since you're now part of the group. Write your name" she pointed to the tree's inside where there was already 8 names on the tree. Jack walked up to the tree, feeling excited, he actually made friends on his first day of school!

Slowly he carved in the name 'Jack' and gave back the steak. Minx smiled and threw the steak near the tree. The six started to talk some more and got to know Jack a little more, that's until Bob, Wade, and Mark came back. "Hey Mark, everything okay?" Felix asked Mark, Mark nodded "Yeah, everything's fine" Felix nodded, barely believing his friend.

Mark looked at Jack "So Jack, tell me about yourself," Mark stated. "Uh, yeah sure, well, I'm from Ireland. I came here to America a week ago, due to a situation. I have a sister Sam and me and her are living with our Mom. I'm, er, I'm bisexual," everyone is baffled, besides Minx. Mark spoke up "Your bi? Cool, I am as well," everyone was surprised on Mark's reaction, he was never the one to speak about his sexual orientations.

Jack smiled, "Not to be nosy and ask, but what situation happened, with you that made you come to America?" Mark had ask, Jack felt the memories come back, as tears built up in his eyes "U-uh, I rather not talk about it," Jack focused on blinking away the tears than his new friends reaction, Mark feeling the most guilty. "Hey Jack, I'm sorry, I didn't think it was a serious situation" Mark apologized mentally scolding himself "Nah, nah it's fine, you didn't know it's fine," Jack said. "So, what does your dad do?" Jack froze, he didn't want Mark to feel bad about himself anymore than he does, but really? Did he have to?

Jack had a blank stare, as he tried to prevent the memories from coming back. Slaps, punches, slurred words filled his head, seaming anywhere he looked was a scene of a different beating or verbal abuse to him, his mother or his sister.

Everybody looked at Mark with 'Bitch really?' face "Uh, Mark not a good topic as well" if Mark wasn't scolding himself for the first fuck up, well he better be doing that now. What a bad first impression he was making! With that Mark shook his head, apologized and stood quiet until the bell rung.

Jack took his stuff, said later to the others and left for his locker. He got everything he needed for History and left for class 19.