Chapter Thirty-Eight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Slowly Slipping Away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~A Week Later~

Jack's P.o.V

I don't know how long it's been since i've been in this hell. Seems like an eternity... He barely feeds me and Aaron, barely gives us water, but never fails on giving us both hell. After the knife incident he had thankfully bandaged it up so no infection would occur. As well he went back to torturing Aaron for the day.

Poor Aaron, what he did to me and Mark doesn't match up to this, he doesn't deserve this. No one does, Ken, he needs help. I would never say it to his face, certainly not in this position, but he does need it. Fuck Mark...

Mark, I've at least heard his voice a few times, he comes over to Ken's house every time he wants to go out looking for me. I know he would sometimes stay before they head out but Ken would always drug me before hand and I pass out most of the time. I hate this, I pray that I get out of this alive... I want to see Mark again, I want Mark to hold me and hold me.

Tears slowly fall from my eyes as I started to sob softly. Everything is so dull, all I ever feel is pain, everything feels like it's slipping away...

Mark's P.o.V

'Lost Teen, escaped from home due to problematic and abuse issues from the past'

How fucking dare they say shit like that? The news team finally decided to announce Sean's disappearance and had a nerve to say the little they know about his past and blame his disappearance on that. Police really hasn't been doing shit, it's been a week and a half now and there is still no news about Jack. I've been taking it to my own hands looking for him, I sometimes drag the gang along. Ken's been on a few trip with me, but we haven't got any crucial information.

This time I brought along Cry and Minx, we we're walking up and down on Main Street, there was a flower shop by here. Minx had asked if we can stop by it so she can get Krism a bouquet of flowers and a card for Valentine's day. Of course I said yes and we entered the flower shop.

My appearance isn't the best, I have bags under my eyes and you can see distress written all over my face. I stood by the counter where a lady in uniform stood, sighing softly I walked up to the women flashing a soft smile. "What can I do for you?" she asked sweetly, I stumbled on top of my words as I pulled out my phone and went for a picture of Jack and I. Clearing my throat, I showed her the picture,"Have you seen him anywhere?" I asked softly, she stared at the picture and slowly nodded.

My eyes widen as I looked up to her, "Re-Really? Wh-where? Do you know where he went?" I had asked quickly. "Last week, he came in to buy a bouquet of flowers, a card and some chocolates. Poor kid looked so out of it, his words were stumbled upon and he was shaking slightly... Kept murmuring about forgiveness and asked for the most beautiful combination of green, blue and pink...."

I felt a stinging pang in my heart, I caused him to come here... "Did... Did you see where he was headed?" she looked in thought for a moment and nodded. Going for her laptop underneath the counter as she pulled it out. With a few taps she turned the laptop around to show a video recording.

It was in black and white as she rewind back to last week's recording. I could see Jack, my Jack, carrying his backpack as he started to walk back home. He was worried, he fasten his pace that's when someone came behind him and whacked him with a bat.

He fell in pain and another hit to his face and he was out. I was watching with terror as I covered my mouth, breathing heavily. The person looked around and kept his face covered. Picking Jack up bridal style and slung his book bag around his shoulder. Leaving like nothing happened as he carried Jack away.

"O-Oh... Oh my god, i-i'm so sorry! I had no idea that happened!" The lady quickly explained, she must have felt some sort of guilt for doing this... "Its alright, I-I.... I just need to find him now. Thank you for this." I said as I handed her a twenty from my wallet. Looking over at Cry and Minx that were astonished by the footage.

"I'm going to go find him and nothing is going to stop me."

A/N Oh mah gawd, is the next update a last?

Yes. Yes it is. Next update will be the last update.

~Leah Out