Chapter Fourteen

!Warning! Trigger warning, sensitive viewers out there, this is indeed a trigger warning. Please, be cautious if you do intend on reading this. As well, this is for the plots sake all the following events only moves the plot forwards. Enjoy. 

I do not own the song used in this chapter, all rights goes to Laura Shigihara. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Fourteen: Despair 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~2 weeks later~ 

Jack's P.o.V 

It was surprisingly a free period during 6th period, the teacher was absent and the substitute had nothing planned so we just talked quietly or went on our phones. I was laying on Mark's chest as I scrolled through my phone, each of us had one ear phone in as we listened to 'Our Song' basically the song listened to on our first date. 'Everything's Alright' was the song, we both knew it by heart. 

When this world is no more...

The moon is all we see...

I'll ask you to fly away with me... 

I hummed to the song as I scrolled through the pictures me and Mark always took. There was a lot, pictures of us in the morning, to us kissing, cuddling, name it, we probably took a picture while doing! I just never want to forget these priceless moments, they all made my life brighter. 

Until the stars all fall down... 

They empty from the sky... 

But I don't mind... 

If you're with me, then everything's alright... 

"Sean McLoughlin?" I heard my name be called, I looked up to see a security guard at the door. I took out my earphone, "Yes?" I answered, the man seemed to sigh as he said the following words "Come with me, you're needed at the principal's office." confused, I hesitantly stood up, Mark noticed and nodded at me. Giving me my other ear phone as i shoved my phone in my pocket. "Text me, alright?" he asked, I nodded "Of course, it's probably something with my sister. I'll be back." I reassured, he smiled and nodded. Letting go of my hand as I left with the security guard. 

The trip was silent, soon arriving to the principal's office as I saw Sam in a seat already. I sighed, she's must have done something. "Sean?" I looked up to the principal, Mrs. Green. "Yes?" she sighed as she motioned me to take a seat. Obeying, I took a seat next to Sam, only then realizing there was more than one security guard in here. Three police officers surrounded the office, making me double think the problem. 

"What's happening? What's wrong?" I asked, looking up at the officers. "Mister McLoughlin, your mother has been in a terrible car accident." "Wh-What?! Is she okay? Where is she?!" I asked as I stood up, tears pricking my eyes as I heard Sam gasp and soft crying to follow it. "Mister McLoughlin, please sit down." the cop tried to reassure. "We are authorize to take you two to her, I don't know the state and or the condition she is in, but her doctor will have to speak to you. Since you are the oldest, so please, come with us." I bit my bottom lip as I nodded, looking over to Sam, bending down to her height. 

"Sam?" I asked, my voice gentle as she looked up at me, tears running down her eyes. "Wh-What th-they're saying, a-about Ma... Is i-it true..?" I sighed, wiping away her tears, I needed to be strong for her. "I.. I don't know Sam, I hope not. But... They are police officers. Just come with us, I'll keep you safe." she nodded, hugging me tightly before letting go. I stood up and took her hand, looking over at the officer as he nodded. Walking out the building as we followed. 

We walked out to a police car, getting inside the back as the two officer got into the front. Sam rested her head on my shoulder. I took out my phone, going to my contacts as I clicked Mark's contact name. Already seeing that he texted me. 

Mark <3: Hey Clover, everything okay? 

Jack: Babe, it wasn't Sam. The police were there and they told me something happened to my Ma. Me and Sam are being driven to the hospital right now, I'm scared. 

Mark <3: Love what's wrong? What happened with your Mom? Is she okay? Are you and Sam okay? 

Jack: I don't know, they didn't give me a lot of information. I just know my Ma got into an accident of some sort. Mark, I'm scared. 

Mark <3: Jack, I'll be there as soon as I'm let out okay? You keep tight and text me if anything else happens. 

Jack: Okay Mark, I love you... 

Mark <3: I love you too Love, I'll be there as soon as I can. 

I sighed as I set my phone down, the police officer turning around to look at us. "We're here." I nodded as I felt Sam's grip on me tighten. "It's gonna be okay..." I tried to reassure her, but I didn't even believe in what I said. She nodded, taking it for granted. Leaving the cop car we left to the hospital, holding Sam close to me we walked through the front doors and were escorted to a room.

Opening the door my heart stopped as my blood ran cold, there was my Ma in the hospital bed, wires and machines connecting to her body as there were several bandages and cast on her. I sheild Sam's eyes as I turned her around, she shrieked and held onto me. I felt everything crash down, but I tried to stay strong. For Sam... For Ma... 

"Mister McLoughlin?" I turned around to see a man in a Doctor's uniform. "Y-Yes?" I replied my voice giving out on me. "I need to speak with you, in private." I sighed and nodded, tapping Sam. "Sam go sit down next to Ma, I'll be right back." she nodded as she wiped some tears from her eyes. Going over to Ma as she sat down, looking at her as she broke down crying. 

I bit my bottom lip as I turned to the doctor, tears pricked my eyes. He beckoned me over to the hallway asI followed. Closing the door behind us he introduced himself, "I'm Dr. Hill, I'm sorry for this tragic event with your mother. But there are some issues that has to be taken care of." "Yeah, like making sure she doesn't die from the crash may be a good place to start?" I asked with sarcasm, he sighed. "Not that Mister McLoughlin, that is already in process. I'm talking about your living situation-" I quickly cut him off, "My living situation? What about it? Why is that a deal?" 

"You were born and raised in Ireland, correct?" I nodded my head slowly, "But you came here just a few months ago?" I nodded my head again, "What are you hitting at? Just because I'm from another country, that I am an immigrant that you can't help her or anything? We have insurance." I protest, "Not because you are an immigrant we can't help you, this is not how we run our system if that's what you're asking. You are under 18, you have no relatives here, no one in your and your sister's records that can take care of you while your mother is in a coma." 

"She's in a coma? She will wake up soon right?" he motioned me to sit down, I took a deep breath as I did so. "We... We don't know when she will wake up or what kind of effects would happen if she does-" "When." I corrected, he sighed and nodded. "When she does, we can't have you two unsupervised..." "So you're going to put me and my sister in a foster care?!" "No, we had contact with your father about this situation-" "My father?! You contacted my father? Who's in Ireland currently? How did you even get his number?!" "Mister McLoughlin, please calm down. We had to look through your mother's phone in order to know who she is and who we could contact. During the process we were able to get ahold of your father, tell him her condition. He told us about you two and he requested-" "He requested?! What did he request?!" 

"For you two, you're going back to Ireland." 

A/N: Please don't hurt me...