Chapter Twenty-Five

There is a music video to go with this chapter it's Coming Home by Skylar Grey. Won't spoil much but I'll tell you when to add the music! And this will jump from third to first person. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty-Five: Coming Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~One Week~ 

Third Person P.o.V 

Smoke soon filled the wooden cabin, the by now, overcooked food was now burning. Causing a gas leak, the old cabin couldn't outstand. Not soon after, the whole kitchen became engulfed with flames. The drunken man who was the original cause of the fire jolted awake as his eyes widen at the flames. His instant thought was surprisingly set on his kids, not even trying to save the cabin he bolted up the stairs and into Sam's bedroom. Picking her up from her sleeping state as he ran back downstairs before the flames could reach the stairs. running out the house, he laid the already coughing teenager down on the grass. Only to hear and see a explosion happening, Sam sat up and looked around frantically. Seeing her dad she sighed but instantly felt fear wound up in her once again as she realized someone was missing. 

Jack... 

Her brother was nowhere to be seen, only conclusion was he was still in the burning down cabin, going into a panic state since the family living in the outskirts of town and it would take some time before the fire department would actually arrive, she looked up at her dad in distress. Taken back by his reaction towards everything, a singular tear ran down his cheek as he watched the house burn down. "D-Dad... Pl-please... Ja-Jack's still in there! W-we ne-need to get him! Pl-please!" He shook his head, fear consuming the male as he took steps back. "D-Dad! H-he's your son!" she cried out desperately as the house started to collapse. 

Jack woke up to only inhale smoke, coughing as he looked around and saw nothing but smoke form around his tight room. Scared out his mind he ran to his dresser and took out a shirt, placing it around his mouth and nose. Pushing his way out the flames he tried to open the door, only to be stopped by a fallen piece of ignited wood. Tears ran down his face as the thought of him dying here would be the last thing he sees. He would never know if Sam or his mom was okay, nor he would never see Mark or the gang again... He banged his fist viciously against the door as he cried out for help.  

Tears ran down his face as Jack knew there was no escape his window was blocked by another chunk of firewood. More and more tears ran down Jack's face as fear grew, only coming to the conclusion that this was the end. With very little hope of survival all he hoped for was Sam's safety and his mom's awakening, even the thought of Mark crossed his mind as the room started to cave in. 

Kneeled down on the floor, he gasped and panted, desprate for air. Stifle cries for help could merely be heard. His vision started to fade in and out, finally giving up and lying on the floor as memories ran through his head. Events from before all this bullshit happened, when he was just laying in Mark's arms and doing scribbles on his chest for no good reason. Or when he would help Sam with her homework and bake cookies once they were done. Moments when he would help his Ma with simple things such as laundry. How he would do anything, to go back to that moment, besides staying here. Left to die. 

His eyes drooping close as he took his last few breaths, his body going still, motionless. As he laid there, coughing every time he got as life seem to slip away. As everything seemed rather hopeless, he closed his eyes willingly, accepting his fate. Only to force them open as the door came bursting in and a figure leaped over the fire to pick him up. He couldn't see who this was, either a fire fighter, Sam, Police officer... He didn't know, nor did he care right now. The person leaped and pushed away broken pieces of the already broken home. It was a fight getting out of the burning house alive, thankfully they did. Once Jack got a whiff of fresh air he immediately took advantaged, coughing out all the smoke he had inhaled as he was placed down on the grass.