Chapter Twenty-Nine

Watch the video above! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Tomorrow Is Another Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's P.o.V

"Hello?" I asked softly into the phone, "Yes? McLoughlin? Your mother, she's in a bad condition. We- we may have to pull the plug." My heart dropped, stomach twisted as I clenched the phone. "N-No! Y-You can't! That's my Mother, pl-please! Please ju-just wait, wait until I get there! I have the authority to make the final call." The doctor on the other side sighed, "Very well, please come quick." With that I hung up the phone and walked back into Mark's room.

"Hey Love, you oka-" "Come on, I gotta go to the hospital!" I said, quickly cutting him off. "Why? What's wrong?" He asked as he got up and pulled on some pants as I quickly got my shoes on. "Its my Mother, now come on!" I yelled, grabbing his wrist as we were both dressed.

I ran outside, wasn't helping that it was raining. "J-Jack! Wait up! Slow down and talk to me!" Mark called out as I dragged him by his wrist. "Th-They want to pull the plug Mark! I can't let that happen! Sh-She can't go!" Once he heard that, his pace for faster as we ran to the local hospital.

It was a far run to say the least, but luckily, it was a small town. Once there, me and Mark were out of breath but still made it to the receptionist desk. "M-McLoughlin! Melissa McLoughlin! I'm her son." The lady quickly nodded, punching in something on the computer. "Floor three, room 189." I thanked the lady and me and Mark headed to the elevator. Rushing towards her room we encountered her Doctor, relief spread over his face as he pulled us aside. "She's not doing good." he stated briefly, "She had got an infection and due to her state, it's troubling her. She doesn't have the immune system strong enough to fight it off. Which can lead to her death." "What ki-kind of infection did she get?!" "Pneumonia." "H-How she get pneumonia?!" Dr. Hill sighed, "This is a hospital, all bugs find it easier to attack sick people."

I sighed, running fingers through my hair, "A-And she can't fight it off? I-I can't pull the plug just for something as preventable as that!" "I understand that, McLoughlin but it maybe won't be your choice." my eyes widen, no, she-she can't die from that! She can't! Dr. Hill sighed as he showed us the window to her door. As she appeared to be in a much worse condition from when I last saw her. "As I said, it might not be your decision either she lives or not. I'm just suggesting if you don't want her to suffer more than she already has, pull the plug. We will continue to do everything we can to help your Mother, but chances are very slim. I suggest you make every visit count." he said bluntly, leaving little to the imagination as he walked away. 

I sighed and placed my hand on the door knob, opening the door slightly I took a deep breath and walked in. Mark following behind me as we took a seat next to her. Grabbing her hand, I held it in a comforting way, trying by any means to show I'm still here for her, we're still here for her. Just praying to God that she'll make this out alive. 

It was a long scene of silence, not awkward at all but sorrowful. Mark sat there, holding onto me as he rubbed my other hand soothingly. Minutes felt like hours as we sat there, some tears falling from my eyes as Mark just kissed them away. 

I couldn't help but feel a little bit tired, my eyes slowly closing as Mark held onto me and I drifted to sleep. 

~Bloopity Pibblity a Time Skipty~ 

Beep...

Beeep....

Beeeep.....

Beeeeep.......

Beeeep.............

Beeep.....................

Beep.............................

Be.................ep.................

I woke up to madness, the sound of the heart monitor decreasing as lights flashed on and off signaling that something was going horribly wrong. Me and Mark jolted awake as we were then forced out, which wasn't standing by me as I resisted. "L-Let me go! That's m-my Ma! L-Let he-her be safe! Please!!!" I whimpered out as some guards came in. Taking me by my arms as they started to drag me out. Tears ran down my eyes as they stained my cheeks, thrashing around in discomfort as I whined and groaned. "P-Please! Please! Ma! MA! .... MA!" I screamed out as they closed the door and left me on the floor. I curled up into a little ball as I began to cry softly. Mark quickly coming to my aid as he held me tightly and pressed kisses towards my forehead. 

I whimpered, looking up at Mark as he placed a soft kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes slowly, kissing him back as he poured in tons of love into the kiss. I slowly calmed down and we pulled away. Mark stood up and offered me a hand as I took it and stood up, looking through the glass panel as I saw Doctors and nurses all over, only causing more tears to fall down. Mark walked up behind me and hugged me from behind, running my hands through my hair as he kissed the top of my head. Whispering sweet nothings into my ears. 

Minutes later she was rushed out of the room and down the hall, leaving me to gasp and Mark to bury my head inside his chest so I wouldn't have to see it anymore. My legs went weak as everything started to spin as I spun out of consciousness.  

A/N   I regret nothing.

~Leah Out