Chapter Twenty-Six

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty-Six: Please Love, I Messed Up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's P.o.V

Exiting off the plane and onto the grounds of America sent a wave of relief, sighing in content as I looked round the airport. The police officer was there as planned, waiting to escort us to the hospital to see our mom. Even though she's still in the coma, just being around her would be good for me and Sam. Since all our stuff burned down with the house we didn't have anything to bring, which sucks because I lost my phone and laptop, which had all my pictures of me and Mark...

It's fine... It'll be fine, hopefully... I shook my head, I'll deal with that bridge when I come across with it... "Jack...?" Sam asked as she tugged on my sweater, "Yeah Sam?" I said as I gave her my attention. She smiled as she held up a little four leaf clover, giggling as she took my hand and opened it. Placing the lucky charm in my palm as she gently closed my hands, "You'll need all the luck you can get! Thanks for being the best big brother ever!" she said, smiling brightly. I chuckled, ruffling her hair, "Thanks Sam, I love it and as of right now, I will accept all the luck I can get." she smiled as she took my other hand and walked over to the police officer as we entered the car.

After a short ride to the hospital, we had checked in as her kids as she was stable enough to have visitors. My heart breaking a little as I saw her in the same conditions, tubes plugged in everywhere as she continue to sleep soundlessly, the only noises were the machines and heart monitor, which was thankfully still going at a reasonable rate. "When do you think she will wake up...?" Sam asked quietly, holding onto me like a scared puppy. I gave out a soft sigh, "I... I'm not certain, but hopefully she would soon Sam..." she nodded softly, "Jack? Can we go back home now?" I nodded and squeezed her hand for reassurance. We said our goodbye's to Ma, even though she might not be able to hear us. We then made our way home, thankfully, the mat still had that spare key, I unlocked the door and took the spare key to my hold. Smiling softly as I felt more of a warm feeling now.

It was fairly late and both of us haven't ate properly ever since the incident, I grabbed the house phone which still worked and found a twenty dollar bill in Ma's room. Quickly, I called for a large pizza with a soda, it should do until I go to the grocery store with Ma's left over money. I ran my fingers through my hair, these months went by like a blur. Suddenly the thought of Mark came to mind, should I go over to him? No... It's too late, I still smell like ashes, and these clothes are uncomfortable. Tomorrow... I'll go to him tomorrow...

After the pizza came, I fed Sam and went to take a shower. I don't know how I feel about this, everything just happened so damn quickly. And... And I really just want to cry... So that's what I did. Huddled up in a fetal position I cried.

There was just so much going on, Sam doesn't deserve to live this kind of life and I'm trying my best to keep her safe... I.. I can't take over the roll as a parent if something happened to Ma! I can't live with myself! Dad is gone... At least on good terms, but still... Those past memories and beatings... Its not something I can just forget! I didn't... Forgive him sincerely... I couldn't... I just said that for his spirit to be okay... But I know in time, I would... And he'll already know...

I miss Mark... I want to see him! I'll... I'll go over to his place after this shower... Yeah, I'll do that.

I got up off the shower's floors. Cleaning myself thoroughly as I shut off the water and got up. Going inside my room, I had found a black shirt and skinny jeans. Throwing them on quickly, I made sure Sam was alright. Thankfully, she was fast asleep. Sighing softly I closed her door and took the keys. Walking over to his place I knocked on the door, patiently waiting as I heard footsteps make their way over to me.