Chapter Fifthteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Fifthteen: No Choice 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's P.o.V 

I felt everything spinning as I tried to recollect myself, "No, no, no. That wouldn't be necessary, you see I can just wait here at a friend's house until she wakes up..." I tried to reason, "No, Mister McLoughlin, you can't it's already been done, you and your sister leave on Monday. I'm sorry but this is out of my hands, I only tell you the information I know. Now, I leave you be." I sighed in frustration, walking back into the room I sit down next to Sam. 

"W-What did h-he say Jack?" she asked, her voice sounding weak and hoarse from crying. Some tears fell from my eyes as I wiped them away, "Sam, Ma's in... She's in a coma... The d-doctors... They don't know when she would wake up... And...-" I couldn't tell her, it'll break her. I can't tell her... 

"A-And what J-Jack...?" I took in a deep and shaky breath, more tears falling from my eyes. "W-We... We have to go back... Back to Ireland... With Dad..." "W-Wh-what...?" she asked, the sound in her voice knowing what I just said but didn't want to believe it. Tearing me down as I had to say it again, "We have to go back to Ireland and stay with dad until Ma wakes up..." "We.. We can't go back... We can't..." she said crying a little more, I held her close. "It's alright... He won't do nothing to you, I won't let him..." She nodded as she held me close, crying softly as I whispered soothing things into her ear until she fell asleep. 

Once she fell asleep, I couldn't take it anymore. I cried, laying her head on my lap so she wouldn't be disturbed by my small sniffles and choked on sobs. I tried to keep calm and collective but I couldn't, silent tears kept running down my face. I took out my phone, seeing as I got some more messages from Mark. 

Mark <3: Just got out of school, do I head to the hospital? 

Mark <3: I'm heading towards the hospital, I'll be there in ten minutes. 

That was sent five minutes ago,I didn't feel like responding. I didn't feel like doing anything... My face was stained with dried tears as my face, eyes and nose were all red. The constant beeping of the heart machine gave me a taunting feeling telling me that I didn't save her, that she's in the state of condition and there was no stopping it. 

Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. Hours of self-regret, of wishing for things to be different. Why? Why did things have to turn out like this? Everything was just coming back together?! Why did the sunshine end so soon..? We had everything we had ever wished for... Eachother... Away from my father... A new home... A new life... New friends... A new hope... 

All for it to be washed away? 

Just like that? Why so easily gone? Why did we need to suffer? What's the point behind this...? Why do we need to go back to the start? So many unanswered questions... 

"Jack? Love?" I looked up, seeing Mark, he saw my face and instantly walked towards me. Crouching down to hold me, kissing my temple as he held my head into the crook of his neck. "It's okay baby, it's okay baby... I'm here..." he said in a soothing voice, only making me cry more. Holding onto him tightly with one hand, he lead small kisses on my forehead and neck. Trying to calm me down. After five minutes or so I stopped, he rubbed my back soothingly as he continued to whispered things into my ear. I shivered slightly since it was a bit chilly in here and I forgot my sweater in my locker. 

Mark stood up and took off his sweater off and wrapped it around me. "It's going to be okay Love.. It's gonna be okay Clover..." I shook my head no as I took shaky breaths. "Yes it is Jack, you and Sam can stay with me. I promise..." I had to tell him... "Mark I-" my sentence was cut off as Dr. Hill walked in. "Mister McLoughlin, visiting hours are over. You can come back tomorrow, you need rest..." I nodded, looking up at Mark as he kissed me softly, "You are staying with me..." he whispered as I nodded. I picked Sam up, looking at Mark as he nodded "I have my car parked outside, let's go..." we left out the building and towards Mark's car that was parked in the parking lot. Mark opened the door as I sat Sam down, closing the back door as I sat down in the passenger seat. 

Mark got in and turned on the car, putting on some music as I buckled up. Looking out the window as Mark drove to his house. It was a merely a ten minute drive before actually getting there. He parked as I got out, going to the back seat to get Sam, picking her up as Mark opened the door for me. "She can lay down in Tim's room." Mark said I nodded as I walked over to Tim's room. Knocking on the door as I waited for Tim to open up. "Hey Jack!" Tim greeted but saw my face and frowned, "Are you okay?" I shook my head no, "No... Not really buddy, but I'll be fine. Jack Sam sleep here for a few?" he nodded and welcomed me in, I walked in and placed Sam on his bed. Laying her down as I pulled the covers over her. 

I gave Tim a slight smile and ruffled his hair, "Hey, can you keep an eye on her? She's been through something, can you be there for comfort?" he nodded, "Sure thing Jack! Anything for Sam!" I smiled and nodded, leaving the room to go towards Mark's room. Opening the door I see Mark doing something on his phone, looking up as he saw me, smiling softly as he stood up and wrapped his arms around his waist. Pulling me into a sweet and loving kiss as he lead me towards his bed. Laying me down as he cuddled up with me. 

I laid my head on his chest as he held me tightly, he pressed a kiss on my forehead. "You're gonna be okay Jack, nothing is going to hurt you. I'll keep you safe..." I remembered everything Dr. Hill said as I started to cry again. He rubbed my back, "N-No... M-Mark... I have to tell you something..." Mark looked down at me, "What is it Love?" I sat up, silent tears falling from my face. "S-Since my Ma's in a coma... I-I.... I have to go back to Ireland... I can't stay here... I have to go there... Until she wakes up... And there's nothing I can do about it..." Mark looked down at me in shock, as if he was about to cry. 

"No.. No, Jack... I... I don't want you to leave... P-please d-don't leave... I c-can't lose y-you... I c-can't let you go... I won't do the same mistake that I did with Aaron..." 

A/N: Oops...? Next couple of chapters will... Will be raged inducing, trigger warnings... Go easy on me for the next couple of chapters!