Chapter Twenty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty: Love, Calm Down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's P.o.V 

I cussed under my breath, why now? Fuck! I can't say no, but if I do it he's gonna see the bruises and ask questions and I'm pretty likely to break down and- Fuck! 

He's gonna ask... He's gonna get mad... And he's gonna get frustrated! 

But at who? 

Me or my dad? 

No! Mark won't get mad at me for something I couldn't prevent! I took a deep breath and opened up Skype. Seeing the green bubble over Mark's account, sighing I clicked on his contact and started a call with him. He picks up almost immediately after the first ring. His smile turned into a look of worry as he saw my face. I looked down, twiddling with my fingers. 

"He did that too you?" he asked with a concerned, yet stern voice. I nodded, "Y-Yes..." I choked out feeling tears well up in my eyes. "What else did he do to you?" he continued, I sighed as I slowly lifted my shirt showing multiple bruises he had left on me. I looked away from the monitor as Mark gave a shocked expression at how many deep purple marks were on me. "You shouldn't have never left... Look at what he's done to you!" he says finally, I looked up at him. "I didn't want to go in the first place! I knew I shouldn't have left but I couldn't stop it!" I protested, he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"Jack, Love, you need to tell someone about this... You are getting abused by him! That's not how a parent should treat their son!" I shook my head, "I'm not going to the police about this..." I murmured, but audible enough for him to hear. "And what?! Let him continue this shit to you?" "They'll take me and Sam away! They'll put us in a fuckin' foster home, all that I know! I'm still underage and I am not letting Sam go through that!" I snapped at him, "So you rather have her watch as her brother gets hurt constantly?! Jack! Come on, you can't keep hiding this... He deserves to be locked up!" "At least she's not the one getting pounded at! It's me! And it will continue to be fuckin' me until we leave! He is not putting a finger on her! And yes, I am very well aware that he needs to be behind bars, but I just can't Mark!" 

Mark gets up, groans as he becomes angry. "Jack, this isn't the solution! Sitting back as he continues to beat you up like a fuckin' punching bag! How long do you think you will be there for?!" "Until my Ma wakes up." "And when will that be? What happens-" "Don't fucking go there, Mark! She's going to fucking wake up." I growled as I cut him off, "Jack... Please... This isn't good, you are fucking covered in bruises!" "I fuckin' understand that Mark. I'm not taking this to the police, what the hell are they going to do anyways?! Fucking arrest him and separate me and Sam?! That's the last fucking thing that needs to happen right now." 

"Jack you have a fucking black eye from your fucking piece of shit father! Why the hell did he do it anyways? For his own fucking amusement?!" "He said I was being disrespectful..." I trailed off, not looking at the monitor. "You were being disrespectful? How?" I sighed, "I said "I didn't look at him while we were talking, I raised my voice at him and got mad when he said Ma wasn't going to wake up." 

"That's not being disrespectful! Well compared to the shit he does." "Well, apparently to him, it does." "And that's the same fucking reason you need to leave." I groaned, running my fingers through my hair as I looked out the window. "Where the hell am I going to go anyways? Mark, I live in the outskirts of town! Literally, I live in the fuckin forest! What am I supposed to do? Ditch the fucking house with Sam and go to the nearest police station in Ireland?"