Chapter Thirty-Seven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Moment You Met Mark, You Were Dead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark's P.o.V 

Ken, he was the only one I could think of that will be helpful at this point. He let me in with no worries as he noticed my expression. "Hey man, what's wrong he asked as I took a seat next to him. I laid back and sighed, running a hand through my hair, "Jack's missing..." I croaked softly, you could hear the sadness in my voice. It breaks me to say it... 

"What? But we just saw him, today, at lunch! He... - Well, are you sure he's missing? It seems like you two had a rough fight, maybe he wants some space..." Ken said softly, rubbing my leg soothingly. "I... I don't kn-know Ken, he... he wouldn't do this just to get back to me. His mother and sister are petrified, he hasn't answer their calls or came home... If Jack was just mad he would just isolate himself from others... Heh, that's something he does, isolates. He hates bringing up his problems around others and does anything in his power to occupy himself..." 

Ken opened his arms, smiling softly, a tear ran down my eyes as I hugged him. Burying my head into his chest as I cried softly. It was all my fault for his disappearance, why he ran off in the first place, it was me... Goddammit, why did I have to push him about it? Why couldn't I just leave it alone?! I'm such a fucking idiot! 

Ken rubbed my back soothingly, shushing me softly as he tried to calm me down. "Shh, it's okay Mark, we're gonna find him. Alright? Nothing too serious must had happened to him. It hasn't even been that long, maybe he's still outside. We can gather the others and look around. How does that sound?" his voice was soft and comforting as I nodded slowly. He smiled and patted my back, standing up as he put on his shoes and sweater, "Then off we go! Keep your head held high, Mark. Who knows, he can be right under our feet." 

And with that, we headed off. I really hope we find him soon... I can't imagine what he's going through now... 

~Time Skip! Brought to you by, Bobby Flay, because I'm kinda hungry~ 

We gathered the gang together, everyone was searching all over. It was when it reached midnight and still no word from Jack, I started to break. Why him? Why? Out of everyone, why him? Jack's the last person to ever deserve this kind of treatment. The last person... 

~Time Skip! Brought to you by, Space, because it's so cooooooool~ 

The next day rolled by, he didn't show up for school and Mrs. McLoughlin contacted the police... Nothing's looking right, I had to explain to the officer that he was my boyfriend and that I haven't seen him since yesterday. I couldn't help but tear up and the officer put his hand on my shoulder. I can't keep myself together anymore... 

Jack's P.o.V 

I slowly regained my consciences my head spinning still as I looked around. Everything still hurts, but it was numbing pain, I was dehydrated. I looked to see Aaron, bruised and bleeding badly just like before. It makes me wonder, how long has he been down here for? What kind of hell did Ken put him through? "A-Aaron...?" I asked softly, my voice hoarse, "Hmm...?" was all I head back. I was surprised he actually responded.