ONE

ONE
Honey🍯

People say Xavier Cross is a cruel, horrible man. A mobster who roams New York City with so much confidence it has grown men cowering away.

People say he's violently unforgiving of people who cross him in the wrong way.

Xavier Cross is not someone you want to fuck around with because he won't hesitate to put a bullet in between your eyes.

People say you should never look him in the eyes for any longer than a second because he'll kill you. And it won't be a quick death, it will be a slow and painful one.

Of course, when I met him, I knew what he did for a living, and it didn't bother me. I was in no position to judge, and he never gave me a reason to hate him.

The man that people call the Devil, saved my life. He saved me from a sick psychopath who kidnapped me and used me to lure in a girl he wanted but could never have. Xavier was the one who stayed up with me after I'd have a nightmare, he was the one who would patiently wait for me to leave the front door, promising me nothing bad would happen. He'd cook for me every day, buy me all sorts. He helped me get my life back together.

Xavier rehabilitated me back into society and what did I do afterwards? I left. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. But I didn't truly know the full influence of Xavier Cross until I left him a year ago. He showed me one side, but not the other.

One year ago

I've been living with Xavier for nearly a month now and he's been so amazing to me but I'm beginning to worry that I might be taking advantage of his kindness and I'm relying on him too much.

Not to mention the fact that something in the air is shifting between us and it's been like this for a few days now. Like how today I was sitting on the stool at the kitchen island watching him make breakfast, and he was topless, and it had my belly stirring every time a muscle flexed. And then every time he walked past me, he'd brush a hand against my back or tuck a strand of hair behind my ear with a smile on his face before going back to check on the eggs.

He's become touchier and I'm not complaining one bit, but I know deep down I shouldn't be letting myself fall into the rabbit hole of Xavier Cross.

Now we're in his movie room watching Men in Black because apparently, it's one of his favourites. We're both sitting on the same sofa, just on opposite ends but I can still feel his body heat radiating onto my skin.

"Honey?" I blink and turn my head to look at Xavier, his deep brown eyes staring at me in amusement. He's all relaxed on the sofa with his legs spread and his arms behind his head while I'm as stiff as a rod trying to stop myself from jumping onto his lap. "You've been really quiet lately, little star. I'm worried about you." My breath hitches at his concern and the fact he's moved closer to me.

"I'm okay." I shrug, but he doesn't like that answer.

"I know you, you're not. Something is playing on your mind, you can speak to me always, you know that. I'd do anything for you." He really would and it scares me.

"I-I... You know I'm grateful for all you've done for me, Xavier and I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage." I blurt out and his dark brows furrow.

"I don't think that. I'm happy you're here. I like taking care of you and I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime, but you get me feeling all sappy and shit, like I have a purpose." He grins, running his fingers through his soft, salt and pepper hair which I may or may not have run my fingers through when he fell asleep one time during a previous movie night. "Honey." I blink again and slowly nod my head.