THREE

THREE
🍯Honey🍯

I won't admit it, but the chair Xavier got just for me is actually quite comfy.

We've been sitting in silence together for about fifteen minutes now. I'm sitting with my hands on my lap, looking anywhere but at him, and he is sitting opposite me behind his desk just analysing me. Or mentally stripping me because you never know with this man.

Luckily, a knock on the door breaks whatever this awkward silence is and Rocky pokes his head through the door, staring at us with furrowed brows.

"Is this a bad time?" He asks, alternating his eyes between Xavier and I.

"No."

"Yes."

I glare at Xavier.

He glares at me.

"Yes, Rocky. Now is a bad time." Rocky throws us a tight smile and then slowly retreats out of the room. Xavier turns his fierce stare back onto me. "You're gonna open your mouth and talk to me now, little star."

"You already know anyway, so why do I need to speak?" I cross my arms over my chest and watch Xavier flare his nostrils in frustration. And then realisation hits me. "You don't know, do you? You lied just to try and get it out of me." His sharp jaw tics and he shoots up off of his chair and rounds his desk until he is right in front of me, caging me in with both hands braced on the arms of the chair he got me. He leans down so we're face to face, and I can tell his patience is already running thin.

"I don't know if you've noticed, princess, but I'm a little desperate here." He throws me a sarcastic smile, and then surprises me by getting on his knees and, situating himself in between my spread thighs. My dress has bunched up to my waist, and my face heats knowing he will be able to see my underwear. "I am begging you, baby. Let me help you." He whispers gently, and that has my bottom lip trembling.

"Xavier—"

"What have I got to do for you to tell me? I'm literally on my knees begging you. How many people do you think I get on my knees for?" I sigh and shake my head. "None, only you. So, you're going to tell me now."

With my emotions running high and the pleading look on the man's face, I start to explain. "R-Remember my twin sister Luella?" Xavier's face hardens and he groans.

"How can I not remember that spawn of satin? No idea how you two were produced in the same wound together." He scoffs.

"Well after her death, her stupid legacy of playing men backfired on me," I admit, hating my twin sister for what she's done to me. We never got along, even when we were children. She was always the popular one and I was the quiet one that got bullied by her and her friends. I've never had anyone to back my corner, even my parents. They favoured Luella, which is why I think she thought she could get away with anything and everything.

Luella had a habit of spending her time scamming men for money and affection. She would come home in the early hours of the morning with bags under her eyes but I bright smile on her face due to the wads of cash in her hands. I told her multiple times to stop because one day she might play with the wrong man, and she could get seriously hurt but she thought I was jealous. Luella died in a car accident after a heated argument with a man named Cruz, who fell victim to her. He was utterly in love with Luella, whereas to her, he was just another man she could play with.

Luckily for her, she died before she could realise, she fucked with the wrong man.

"Honey." I blink and stare at Xavier who encourages me with his deep brown eyes to continue. He grabs a hold of both of my hands in his large ones, his thumb gently brushing the skin on the back of my hand, leaving a trail of fire.