THIRTY-EIGHT

THIRTY-EIGHT
⛓️Xavier⛓️

"I must say, you're hard to kill." James claps his hands patronisingly, and I roll my eyes. "But now I have the perfect opportunity to end your life right here, right now." He grins.

"Okay, well before you kill me, can you enlighten me on how you survived the first time around," I question, and his grin expands.

"I had some help from an old friend back when I was a detective." He shrugs, pursing his lips and admiring the gun in his hand. "Took me years to recover, no thanks to the damage you caused, but I'm here now."

"You killed my father. I think I had every right to kill you. I didn't care about your status, James. I don't know why people put you on such a high pedestal because you were actually quite shit at your job." I smirk and his face falls. "How many dicks did you have to suck to get in that position, hey?" Rocky snorts beside me.

"None because I was naturally the best!" He speaks out in a defensive tone. "And your father wasn't a fucking saint, he ruined the city with his criminal status. Thinking he was better than us, above the law almost. He wasn't and he got what he deserved, especially after he caused my father to die."

"Well looking at how corrupt you are, I'm sure your father was worse and got what he deserved." My words fuel a fire in his eyes, and he steps closer.

"It's a shame that you will die before seeing your children being born, if they're even alive that is. Honey would have been perfect for me if she wasn't tainted because of you." He steps closer and closer until we're chest to chest, and his gun digs into my side. "I would have filled her with my own children." He smirks before looking me up and down in disgust.

"You got Xander out of prison." James nods proudly. "He was meant to rot in there because of trafficking and you let him out. My father may have been a murderer, but he always killed people who deserved it, he killed ones who hurt women and children and it's probably the reason why he killed your father." I taunt, watching James' face go a deep shade of red.

"No, he didn't."

"Yeah, he did. And you're no better than him. Letting a sick man like him out to feed into your revenge against me. James, I may have failed to kill you the first time, but I've got a lot of anger in me right now. You should have done yourself a favour and laid low because now you've signed your death certificate." I threaten him, taking him off guard and grabbing a hold of his gun.

"You kill me now, the drone I have following the ambulance with your beloved wife will get blown to pieces. So, you can't kill me." He laughs and I pull the trigger watching him drop to his knees clutching at his bloody stomach. "Y-You've just killed her." He laughs, blood pouring out of his mouth, and I crouch down, so we're face to face.

"Make no mistake, James, my wife is my number one priority. I don't play with her life." I aim the gun at his chest and fire, watching him fall to his back still laughing because he thinks he has one up on me. "The ambulance your so-called men are following is the wrong one, and even if it was the right one, they wouldn't be able to do shit because they've already got a bullet in their pea-sized heads." James' face falls.

"You motherfucker!"

"I think you and your father will have a lot to think about in hell. Like how fucking with a Cross is not a smart move." I glare down at him, pressing my gun against his head. "If my wife wasn't in such a critical condition I would have taken my time with you, I would have taken you apart until you were begging me for death, so count yourself lucky that it will be a quick one."

"No, no, no! My father deserves to be avenged!" He spits, blood splattering everywhere.

"And so does mine! Say hi for me when you see him." I hiss, firing a bullet in his head, the life instantly fading from his eyes.