ELEVEN

ELEVEN
⛓️Xavier⛓️

Zach leans against the wall of the empty room, a calm look on his face, and I squint my eyes at him, feeling all sorts of suspicion.

"You just got out of jail?" He nods. "For what?" Zach chuckles, leaning his head back against the wall.

"I think you know what the reason is, Xavier." He speaks, looking back at me with raised brows.

"Yeah, but what I don't understand is, why you would do what you did, and then decide to work for some sick fuck like Xander." I point out, crossing my arms over my chest. "I don't fuck with people who fuck with Xander, Zach. Because people who do business with him, cause me to act like a bull to a red flag, and right now, you're the red flag." Zach's expression is blank.

He looks cautiously around the room before speaking up again. "I met Xander in prison, he's the reason I got early release. It might seem to you like I'm working for him, but really, I'm working against him. People like him don't deserve to be walking the streets freely."

"What does he want with my Honey?" This is my first question.

"Well, he still sees Honey as Luella. He thinks she's mentally ill and made up her twin sister. What he wants is his money or her hand in marriage. But —" he pauses, looking unsure of what to tell me.

"But what?!" I snap.

"Pretty sure he wants both now." My fists clench tightly, and I hold back on wanting to pull out my gun and shoot someone, Zach being the one in the firing line. "He's very... obsessed with her and obsessed with wanting you behind bars. He's trying to push you out of the city." Zach informs, but I can't help but be sceptical about him. He can't be trusted.

I scoff. "He doesn't want to make it any more obvious that he's trying to disrupt my business?" I question, my voice filled with sarcasm. "You have a very easy shot at killing him, Zach. What's he holding above your head that's stopping you from doing that?"

"My mother." I nod my head tightly, running my hands throw my hair, and then flexing my fingers, itching to see my girl. It's only been ten minutes, and I'm getting restless without her by my side, and knowing my Honey, she'll pick a fight with anyone if she has to, and right now we're not in the right setting for her to be doing that.

"What's wrong with your mother?" I cross my arms over my chest and perch down on a wooden table. "She ill?" He shakes his head.

"She's fine, but Xander has threatened me with her a few times." I lean my head back and let out a breath of frustration.

"So, what you're in debt to him too? He got you out early and now he owns you?" Zach's face hardens.

"He doesn't own me, and I'm doing you all a fucking favour trying to get him back off the streets, better yet, dead. I saw the shit he did in that prison, and it made me physically sick." He snaps back at me, and I purse my lips. "And I've heard the shit he wants to do with Honey too." My back tenses, and I stand up to my full height, glaring at him.

"Don't make me snap your fucking neck." I threaten, pointing a finger at him. "He can't marry her anyway."

"Because you've already got there, haven't you? I must ask, does Honey know that she's a married woman?" My jaw tics and I look away from his smug face. "Not how you keep a woman, mate." He laughs.

"She'll understand."

"Understand that you took her to a registry office while she was drunk, and officially became husband and wife?" Guilt consumes me about what I did, but when it comes to Honey, my mind becomes irrational, and my stupid way of protecting her from falling into marriage with Xander, was tricking her into marrying me.