THIRTY-SIX

THIRTY-SIX
⛓️Xavier⛓️

Me and my men gather around Rocky who is holding a laptop where we are watching footage of one of our drones circling the building Honey and Ayla are supposed to be held in.

"Not many guards on the outside, which is a good thing, but I think that means that the majority of them are inside," Rocky informs us. I can't concentrate. All I want to do is go in there guns blazing.

"What's that movement?" Harry points at the screen, and Rocky zooms in and my heart races. I'm up before anything can be said.

"Xavier!" Rocky calls out in a frustrated voice. "Wait!" He grabs a hold of my arm and I shrug him off, picking up a gun and adjusting my bulletproof vest.

"Don't stop me, Rocky," I warn, exiting the abandoned building we've been using as a hideout not far from the place. "If you saw Summer running out of there, you would already be miles ahead."

"I'll come with you." He says in a gruff voice, ordering everybody else to stay put and to keep an eye out for any problems.

It's probably stupid of me to run out in the open, not checking my surroundings, but my little girl is scared, and she needs me. I promised Honey I will save her first and I will not break that promise. I'll save Honey in time, kill Xander and James, and we can live the life we've always wanted.

I'm thankful to have Rocky with me, who is basically my eyes and ears because all I have right now is tunnel vision.

We approach the tiny hole that Ayla just emerged from. Honey was right, it was too small for her to get through, hence why it was only Ayla that was able to escape. "Where is she?" I hiss, looking around, checking behind bushes and trees. I start to panic when I can't find her.

"X." I spin around to see Rocky standing behind a bin. I rush over and let out a sigh of relief when I see Ayla crouched down, hugging her legs to her chest, burying her little head on her knees. She's shaking and crying.

"Princess?" Her head shoots up, eyes widening, and before I know it, she's thrown herself into my arms. I hug her tightly to my chest. "It's okay." She whimpers and clutches onto me tighter.

"No!" She screams and I wince but rub her back gently. "They're hurting mama!" My body tenses as she trembles in my arms, and it takes everything in me to not freak out and lose my shit. I need to keep calm for her.

"We're going to save her, baby girl. I promise." I stand up and cradle her closer as we walk back to the hideout. For most of the walk, I'm zoned out, imagining the worst possible outcomes that could be happening to my wife right now and it makes me sick. Occasionally, Ayla would calm down before she began crying again, crying out for Honey.

It takes me twenty minutes to settle her down and thankfully she falls asleep in my arms.

"Any movement?" I question.

"Sir?" One of my men gets my attention and I raise my brow, waiting for what he has to say. He looks nervous and like he's just seen a ghost and I'm running on no patience as it is, so I don't want to have to kill an innocent man because he couldn't speak.

"Spit it out." I hiss.

"It's Honey," Harry speaks for him. "We caught drone footage. She must have been able to escape but she looked severely injured. T-There was a lot of blood, mostly around her upper thighs and she was clutching her stomach. I sent some men to go but from the looks of it Xander had caught up to her and thrown her in the back of a black van."

My chest caves in and I have to hand Ayla over to Gianna.

"Are you tracking the van?" Rocky speaks up for me.