TWO

TWO
Honey🍯

"No wonder that man fell in love with you, look how gorgeous you are in that dress. Can't blame the man." Cherry praises looking me up and down and I roll my eyes but can't stop myself from smiling.

It's been a week since I saw Xavier and I have been avoiding going to the address that he left on the table in the bar. I've been constantly checking my surroundings everywhere I go and surprise, surprise, Rocky, his second in command is there. He never interacts with me, just watches from a distance and I know Xavier has forced him to do that job. I've only spoken to Rocky a couple of times and although he's friendly, he's moody as hell.

"He was not in love with me, Cherry!" I huff and take the glass of wine she hands out to me while we sit on the porch of our beach house watching the sunset. He was not in love with me.

"A man who isn't in love would not be hunting you down like this, he wouldn't go to all this effort in finding you if he wasn't in love, Honey." She raises a brow and then takes a sip of her wine. I huff again, and then groan when I spot a familiar G-wagon pulling up from a distance.

Usually, Rocky would stay inside his car but today he is climbing out of his car, throwing on his shades to cover up his eyes.

"That man is scary," Cherry grumbles, staring at the big, burly man covered from head to toe in tattoos, and I mean literally. His face is full of them. "But hot." She smirks.

Rocky walks over until he is at the bottom of the wooden stairs.

"Hello, Rocky." I greet, leaning back into my chair, and taking a sip of wine.

"You know why I'm here, Honey. Bossman is getting a little impatient." He speaks out in a deep voice that has Cherry's breath hitching. "He wants to see you now."

"And what's going to happen if I choose not to go with you?" I tilt my head and Rocky puffs out air through his nose, running his hands down his face. I think he mumbles something along the lines of him not getting paid enough for this, and how he may as well become a relationship counsellor.

"I don't really need to answer that question, Miss Hartley," Rocky admits, casting a wary glance in Cherry's direction. "You and I both know the lengths Xavier will go for you."

I place my glass down on the table and smile at him. "Well pass this news onto him, I have a date tonight."

"You do?" Cherry whispers.

"Is this really how you wanna do it, Honey?" Rocky questions, pulling off his glasses and I shrug my shoulders. I watch him pull out his phone to call someone, most likely Xavier. "Boss, she would like me to inform you that she has a date tonight." My eyes widen and he smirks at me while listening to whatever's being said on the other end of the line.

Then his hand extends toward me. Swallowing hard, I stand up from my chair and take my time closing the space before taking the phone out of his hand and pressing it against my ear. I wait for him to speak first.

"How do you want your date to die tonight, baby? You want me to put a bullet in his head, or take my time and cut off each limb one by one?" He questions me darkly and I grit my teeth releasing a frustrated breath. "It's up to you, little star. You can go on the date, or you can get in the car with Rocky."

"I need you to leave, Xavier. I left for a reason —"

"A reason you want to share?" He cuts me off and questions.

"No."

Silence.

"Who fucked with you, Honey? What had you running that you thought you couldn't come to me for help?" His voice is much softer now and I suddenly feel bad because I can't ignore the hurt in his voice. When I don't reply he speaks again, and it almost has me melting into a puddle on the ground. "Baby, talk to me please?"