TWENTY-FIVE

TWENTY-FIVE
🍯Honey🍯

Xavier is taking me on a date tonight. Despite everything that is going on, he isn't letting it affect our relationship, and expressed to me how much I deserve to be taken out.

But first, we're picking up Ayla from her first day of school. She was reluctant to go this morning, kicking up a fuss, and throwing her school bag down the stairs where it hit poor Rocky in the head because he was standing right at the bottom of it. Rocky was very patient with her despite being whacked in the head and told me that his daughter was the same when she first started school. Instead of a hit to the head with a school bag, he got his toothbrush flushed down the toilet.

Xavier has made sure there is as much security protecting Ayla while she is at school, but I can't help but still be worried. She's still adapting to life off of the streets. She's different to the other children. Ayla had to grow up a lot faster.

A firm hand is placed on my bouncing knee, pulling me out of my worry, and I turn my head and smile at Xavier.

"What's wrong?" He questions with a soft frown, rubbing my leg gently.

We're currently on the way to pick Ayla up. Xavier and I are sat in the back of the SUV as Rocky drives the short distance to the school because I needed her to be as close as she possibly could.

"What if she hated her first day? What if she's been bullied?" I turn my body to face Xavier, and grab a hold of his hands, staring at him with panicked eyes. "I encouraged her to go to school, maybe I should have listened to you and got a tutor for her instead."

"Baby." Xavier chuckles, lifting my hand to press a soft kiss on the back of it. "Ayla being bullied? Please, that little girl has the biggest backbone going, she bullies my men. She can handle herself." Xavier reassures me.

"But she needs friends. She can't isolate herself." Xavier's face softens, and he moves himself until he is pressed up against me in the middle seat. He cups my face in his large hand and leans down to press a kiss on the top of my head.

"She'll make loads of friends. I bet you she's already made a best friend and they're gonna trade Barbie's, or whatever they do these days." I laugh lightly and relax against his body. "Plus, I told her she can just tell the mean kids to fuck off."

My back straightens.

"Joking," Xavier mumbles, looking ahead of us, and I notice we're now pulling up outside the school were all the other parents are waiting for their children. All of their eyes turn to look at our car, some have curious looks on their faces, others look disgusted, and I swallow the nervous lump in my throat. "God, I hate these fuckers. Let's go." Xavier climbs out of the car and pulls me out, instantly wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me tight against his body, and placing a kiss on the top of my head.

All the parents' eyes widen at the sight of Xavier. I mean I probably would look at him like that too, because the giant man is covered head to toe in tattoos, dressed to the nines. I frown when some of the mothers ogle him with love hearts in the eyes, and a jealous streak takes over and I find myself wrapping my arms tight around his torso and leaning up to press a kiss against his cheek.

"I like jealous Honey a lot," Xavier smirks down at me and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not jealous." I huff.

I most certainly am.

"Tell that to your face." He chuckles.

We wait for Ayla to come out and eventually, she does. I let out a short breath. She looks okay, apart from the fact the braids that I gave her this morning are practically ruined, and the ribbon is not in the place I left it, she looks fine. She looks around with a soft frown, clutching the straps of her pink backpack until her eyes land on us and they brighten.