THIRTY-SEVEN

THIRTY-SEVEN
⛓️Xavier⛓️

It takes us ten minutes to reach the crash site, and those ten minutes feel like a fucking lifetime. Honey is in that van, and I have no idea whether she's dead or alive. My mind goes to very dark places at the thought of her being dead.

What will I tell Ayla? That little girl is relying on me to bring back the woman she looks up to. The woman she loves with her whole heart. The way she made me promise to bring Honey back had my heart breaking in two because she had no idea what had happened. I had turned her away from the screen, so she wouldn't be traumatised by the way the van was wrapped around the tree like her little hand that was wrapped around my finger before I left.

I've already failed once as a father, failing twice is not an option for me.

"I think you should wait here while we go and have a look." Rocky gives me a stern look as we stand not far from the van. "I don't think it will be good if you see something you don't want to."

"What? Like my wife being dead?" I reply darkly, and Rocky sighs, knowing it's a losing battle with trying to make me stay put. "I'm going."

My legs take me toward the van just as the dismantled back doors get shoved open and a body crawls out, all bloody and battered. My gaze darkens as I stare at my alive brother crawl out of the van, blood streaming down the side of his face.

He's taken by surprise when I close the distance and grab him by the collar, yanking him up. "What the fuck did you do?!" I hiss at him, and he dares to smirk up at me like I won't snap his neck in the next couple of seconds.

"What did I do?" He coughs, blood spluttering out of his mouth. "What did your bitch of a wife do more like? Stupid bitch was on a suicide mission?" My hold on him falters slightly.

What the fuck does he mean by Honey being a suicide mission? She wouldn't try and crash this van deliberately, that would be stupid of her. She's carrying our babies, she wouldn't put them at risk, she wouldn't leave Ayla like that. She wouldn't leave me by doing something like crashing this van on purpose.

Xander's choking laugh pulls me out of my spiralling mind and I tighten my hold on him.

"Yeah, she reached for the driver. She's the reason why that van is wrapped around that tree. There was no point getting her out of the van. She's as good as dead." My ears ring, and I sense Rocky before he yanks Xander out of my hold and lands a hard punch on his face.

My eyes look back to the van, and my legs take me toward it. Please, please, please, God, don't take this away from me. Don't take the one person I can't live without.

The closer I get, the bile begins to rise in my throat, worried about what I'm about to see. And the moment I see a hand covered in blood nausea settles in. I step closer and a choked sob escapes my mouth at the sight of my girl. She's alive, but barely, her eyes slowly blinking, her body lying in a pool of her own blood.

"I'm here, baby." I choke out, climbing into the van and her head slowly turns in my direction and she cries.

"No, leave me to die." She whimpers and I recoil back. "Leave me, please." She begs, turning away from me and my heart cracks.

"No, don't give up on me, Honey," I beg her, ready to pick her up as gently as I possibly can but I'm worried she could be badly injured, and if I move her, I'll only make it worse.

"Ambulance is on the way." I look over my shoulder to see Harry. "You probably shouldn't move her." He smiles sadly, and I swallow the lump in my throat and nod my head turning back to the only woman I've ever loved.