EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE
⛓️Xavier⛓️

One year later

Surprisingly, despite my twin daughters, Thea and Talia, screaming in my ear about fuck knows what, I've still got some dark hair on my head. Despite the fact that Ayla has already conned me for seventy dollars this week and its only Tuesday, I'm still sane.

"Mama!" Thea squeals in my ear and I wince.

The twins are sat on each one of my legs, calling out for their mother who is yet to return from her night out with Gianna. I've been on edge all night because a drunk Honey is not usually a good one. After all, she likes to start fights with men twice the size of her.

It was a couple of months ago when I had to go and get her before she got arrested because a man had spilt a drink down Gianna's dress on their monthly cocktail night.

My wife had reassured me that there would be no fights, but I found that very hard to believe.

Rocky on the other hand is relaxed as ever because he seems to assume that my Honey is his wife's personal bodyguard. He sits across me with his back resting comfortably against the chair with a beer in his hand.

"Mama!" Thea screams again.

"Okay, bedtime for you both." I pick them up in my arms and walk up the stairs to get them ready for bed. They both stare up at me with their big, brown eyes and smile brightly, and I can't help but melt at how adorable they are, brushing my hand along their short, dark curls. "Dada loves you both." I exaggerate the word 'dada' because they are yet to say it. All that comes out of their mouths is Mama.

"Mama." This time Talia calls for her mother and I roll my eyes.

"Sleep." I tell them and they look at me in confusion. "Close. Your. Eyes." I speak out slowly.

I sit with them until they fall asleep, giving them both a kiss on the top of their head before I exit their bedroom, bumping into an energetic Ayla with Summer.

"Daddy?" Ayla calls behind me, following me down the stairs. I look over my shoulder to make sure she's holding the bannister because last week I was rushing her to the hospital when I heard her fall down the stairs, bursting out into hysterics.

"I'm broke," I mumble, hearing her bare feet patter against the cool tiles as she follows me.

"Can I have a phone?" I halt and slowly turn around to look down at her like she's grown two heads. "Please." She adds like that will convince me to say yes.

"You're seven. Why on earth do you need a phone?" I raise a brow at her.

"In case I'm in danger." She shrugs.

"You're not a teenager, Ayla. You don't go out on your own, so you don't need a phone." I state and a pout morphs onto her face as she looks at her best friend for help, but Summer pushes her glasses up her nose and looks away from her. Wise girl. "I spoil you enough, do I not?" I continue my way back to the garden where Rocky sits, the warm summer evening making me need to open a beer now the twins are asleep.

"Yes, and I am very grateful," Ayla says politely, taking a seat next to me while Summer rushes over to Rocky. I stare at my daughter who blinks at me.

"Ayla, I'm not getting you a phone."

"So, when can I have one then?"

"I'll think about it." Ayla nods and I stare at her suspiciously because usually she likes to kick up a fuss and try to bribe me. Maybe this is a new era for her.

"Can I get ten dollars then, instead?" Maybe not.

"I told you I'm broke."

"No, you're not. You bought a new car the other day." She points out, crossing her arms over her chest and I scoff.

"I was gifted it." I lie and she scoffs.

"I saw the check." This little seven-year-old. "Also, look at this bracelet I made." She holds up the homemade bracelet that is way too big for her little wrist.

It's basically a pink string with small colourful beads and sunflowers on it.

"That's pretty, baby." I smile gently and she grins.

"It's for you because I love you so much." My eyes sting and I let her slip the bracelet onto my wrist.

"I love it. And I love you." She cuddles into my side, and I press a kiss on the top of her head.

Later on in the evening, once Ayla is in bed, I wait for Honey to walk through the door. Gianna called Rocky to pick them up, and he didn't hesitate to grab his keys. My legs bounce anxiously, just wanting my wife next to me and the moment the door opens I jump from my seat and rush to the front door where a tipsy Honey stumbles through.

"Babyyyy!" She beams, opening her arms up for me, her clutch in one hand. "I missed you." She coos, wrapping herself around me before peppering kisses all over my face.

I chuckle and wrap an arm around her and lead her to the sofa where she plops down with a content sigh. I quickly go to the kitchen to get her a bottle of water and walk back in to take a seat next to her. She takes the bottle from my hand and guzzles half the water down.

"Did you miss me?" She tilts her head at me.

"Stupid question, little star. You know I did." She climbs onto my lap and stares at me with a sparkle in her pretty, brown eyes. "You had a good night? No fights?" I raise a brow, half joking, half not.

"Good night. No fights." She grins. "I did get hit on three times though." Jealousy bubbles up inside of me.

"And what did you do?" I question, my voice low.

"Flirted back, of course." She replies sarcastically and I slap her asscheek causing her to shriek and grind herself against my painfully hard erection. She looks so gorgeous in her tight black dress, her thick thighs just waiting to be wrapped around my head, so I can get a taste of her. "What's this?" She frowns at the bracelet around my wrist.

"A girl gave it to me," I smirk, and her eyes widen before jealousy morphs onto her face.

"What the fuck? How old is she? Seven?" She spits, throwing my wrist down and I cackle, throwing my head back.

"She is." I nod and realisation etches onto her face when she concludes I'm talking about our daughter.

"Oh." She purses her lips, picking my wrist up to examine it again. "It's so cute!" She giggles, analysing it closely.

"Jealous?" I smirk and she rolls her eyes scoffing.

"No."

"Hmm." I hum. "Give me a kiss." She presses her lips against mine, smiling and I chuckle cradling her face in my hands.

"I love you, Xavier Cross." She whispers softly.

"And I love you, Honey Cross."

A/N
Thank you all so much for reading The Devil's Honey!💛
The introduction to Ayla's book is already up 🩶

A/NThank you all so much for reading The Devil's Honey!💛The introduction to Ayla's book is already up 🩶