SEVEN

T/W - mention of miscarriage
SEVEN
🍯Honey🍯

"Look after your drinks."

I nod.

"Make sure I can always see you."

I nod.

"If you want to leave or feel uncomfortable, tell me."

I nod again.

"And no strangling people." I stare up at Xavier with wide eyes. He raises a brow, so I nod my head for the final time.

"But what if a man is trying to get my number or something." Xavier pauses and thinks about it for a second. His brows furrowed.

"Okay, I'll allow that."  He holds me out at arm's length, and inspects my outfit which consists of a tight, black dress with a pair of black designer heels that Xavier suddenly appeared with once I was finished with my shower.

He then starts to fiddle with the star necklace he got me when we first met, and smiles gently at the gold piece of jewellery that probably cost a fortune. He wouldn't tell me when I refused to take it, he simply ignored me, spun me around, and placed the delicate necklace around my neck.

My gaze shifts to his neck, where a gold piece of jewellery also lays, the chain slightly thicker than mine, a star pendant dangling from it. Xavier's finger ticks under my chin, and he lifts my head, so my eyes are on him again.

There is a possessive glint in his dark brown eyes that has my thighs rubbing together, because deep down I like the fact that he's that way with me. I also like the fact that I have him wrapped around my finger.

"What are you grinning for?" He asks with an amused face, and I shrug.

"No reason." He hums in response to my answer, a smirk forming on his face, causing his dimples to appear, the skin around his eyes crinkling when he beams down at me, tucking a curl behind my ear.

"Let's go." He grabs a hold of my hand gently, and I stare down at the tattooed fingers on his left hand, and then pause when I catch onto his ring finger. My feet come to a sharp halt, and I lift his hand to my face, so I can inspect it closer.

"Xavier, what the fuck is this?"

"Language!" I roll my eyes. "And don't do that either. It's a ring, Honey. What does it look like?" I go to pull it off, but he snatches his hand away, walks to the other side of my body and takes my other hand.

"You married to someone else? Because it sure isn't me." I stare up at him as we walk toward the exit of his house. His jaw ticks like what I've said has just triggered him. And I know it has when he also comes to a stop, turns to face me and wraps his hand around my throat, forcing me to look at him.

"Let's get one thing fucking clear, baby. There is no other woman. You think I spent the whole year without you fucking other people? I haven't touched another woman since the night you left and have barely fucking looked at someone else who isn't you." He leans down in my face and speaks, my breath hitching at his intense expression. "I'm your man, nobody else's. Now let's go."

Well okay then!

•••

Xavier's daughter-in-law and now my friend, Mila, pulls me into a tight hug telling me how much she missed me, and that I should never run away again. I think the mother in her was coming out for a second when she began scolding me about how worried sick she was.

"How are the twins?" I question, my eyes widening when she begins to pour both of us huge glasses of wine, and she doesn't go to speak first, she downs about half the glass before she does so.