TWELVE

TWELVE
🍯Honey🍯

My eyes are locked in on the huge diamond ring on my finger.

Anger begins to simmer inside of me, and the ring starts to feel heavier than it should. But it was not just any ring, it was the one I saw back in the museum. And despite how much I love it, it shouldn't be there.

Forget getting on my knees for this man, he can get my knee instead.

I place my hands on his shoulders and smile sweetly. Xavier gives me a nervous smile and chuckles, but that all changes when my knee makes contact with his dick, and his face goes a bright shade of red as he lets out a pained groan, clutching onto his precious jewels.

"Fuck!" He hunches over, and I glare at his form with my hands on my hip. "Fucking hell, Honey!"

"What the hell have you done?" I question, ignoring how he's still in pain from the kind contact from my knee. He inhales a deep breath, and straightens his back, flaring his nostrils.

"I did what I had to." I recoil, my face morphing into hurt.

"We got married, and you made me marry you without my permission? That's bad, Xavier, really bad!" I press the palm of my hands on my cheeks and exhale a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?! Why did you do it in the first place?! In fact, when did you do it?!" I yelled at him, and he winced at my anger.

"That first night we went out to my club."

"Did you drug me?"

His eyes widen, and he frantically shakes his head. "God, no! I would never drug you, baby." I scoff.

"But you'd still take advantage of my drunk state and marry me off to you?" I snarl in disgust, and this time he recoils back.

"If I had asked you to marry me, would you have said yes?"

"Of course not!"

"Exactly. I did what I had to, to stop Xander from thinking he could marry you. So, who would you rather, me or him?" He stares down at me, his face stoic.

"That is not a fair question to ask, Xavier. You still took advantage of me, and out of everybody I didn't think you would be someone who would do that. Do you seriously think Xander is going to care if I'm now married or not? He'll take me regardless." Xavier sits down on the edge of the bed, and rests his arms on his knees, his head hanging low.

"I'm sorry." He rasps. "I wasn't thinking." The back of my eyes sting, and I can't stop the tears that begin to fall.

Xavier's head shoots up at the sound of me sniffling and he stands back up, reaching out to cradle my face, but I pull away from him, his face dropping at the rejection.

"I want you to leave me alone now." His face drops even further at my request.

"Honey—"

"No, Xavier. It's always one step forward, and then three steps back with us. How am I meant to trust you now when you've gone and done this?" I tilt my head, and then wipe away my tears. "I don't want to talk to you, so leave!" I storm over to the door and swing it open, waiting for him to leave.

My heart pinches at the devastated look on his face because I know deep down Xavier doesn't want to hurt me on purpose, and he always wants what's best for me, but I can't let him think that what he's done is okay because it's not.

Thankfully, he listens to me, and makes his way out of the bedroom, but not before stopping in front of me and pressing a kiss on the top of my head.

"You know I never meant to hurt you, baby, that's the last thing I'd ever want to do. I wasn't thinking, and I'm sorry." I swallow hard and avoid his intense stare because the moment I look into his deep, brown eyes, I'll be falling down the rabbit hole, and right into his arms.