FIVE

FIVE
⛓️Xavier⛓️

I've never wanted to be in a relationship. Even in my younger days, it never interested me. My father, God rest his soul, had been cheated on by my mother, who left when I was only five years old.

He had told me that she wanted nothing to do with us, and when he found out that she had cheated on him with an enemy, he had her killed. I never held it against him because she left anyway, but he had always told me that relationships are not worth it.

I stuck by those words for a really long time.

Then when I was eighteen, I slept with a woman who was seven years older than me. Turned out she was a prostitute, who fell pregnant with my twenty-six-year-old son, Hendrix. I hadn't known straight away; my father was too busy training me to take his place running New York City.

It wasn't until three years later that a toddler was put on my doorstep. I hadn't known what to do with him, and a month before that I had just lost my father who was battling cancer, my life was already spiralling, and I didn't want to project that onto my son. I did the worst possible thing I could ever do to him, I put him in care. And for fifteen years he suffered.

I put my fears of being a shitty father before him and he suffered because of it, and although the relationship between myself and him is good today, I will forever be regretful of what I did.

I tried to keep tabs on him for some time but then he disappeared. I found him again when he was eighteen and asked my best friend Roman who had two young girls of his own, one who is now my son's wife, to look after him, and he did a good fucking job, and he's another person I will be forever grateful for.

As much as I loved my father, I despise the fact he made me feel like a family wasn't worth having. I missed out on watching my son grow up. I did to him what my mother did to me. I left.

Now I'm forty-four years old and have never had a relationship, with a son who is married before me and on the road to building his own family. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him and proud of the man he is today, but I can't help but want the same for myself.

I want a bigger family; I want a wife. I want the whole deal because I've been wasting my life away, killing people and running a city.

And my mindset changed the minute I set eyes on Honey. All she had to do was look at me and I was putty in her hands. She had my heart beating, she had me wanting to do anything and everything for her. I wanted a relationship with her.

But then she left.

And I felt like a shell of myself. I'd spent every day with her for those three months and I had fallen hard for the woman. I had gotten so used to waking up to her every morning, spending all my money on her, one thing I enjoyed doing the most. I bathed in the fact that after her kidnapping she had put her trust solely on me. It had given me a purpose, and I was ready to be the best version of myself I could possibly be for her. Prove to her that I'm the man she needs.

So, when I found out she had gone, you best believe I went fucking crazy. I hunted high and low for her, I killed men just trying to find her, and I don't regret it one bit. Eventually, I found her. Found out she was staying with a woman who went by the name of Cherry.

But her name wasn't Cherry. Her name was Alexandra, and the sly little bitch was working for Xander. It was no coincidence that she met Honey at the airport that day, and they suddenly became best friends. Honey had run away for nothing because Xander was always keeping tabs on her, through Alexandra.

Honey had left a year ago, but Xander had threatened her from within the prison walls. He had made sure Alexandra could keep track of Honey before he got out of prison. He had been released the day I found Honey.