THIRTY-TWO

THIRTY-TWO
🍯Honey🍯

I am not in a good mood.

I am livid.

I'm beyond livid!

My feet stomp against the wooden stairs as I follow Rocky into the basement, where he instructs me to keep a hold on the railings in case I fall. I don't know whether they were his own orders, or they were sent to him by Xavier, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was both. Thinking of my Xavier settles another dull ache in my chest. I miss him, and it hasn't even been twelve hours yet.

"Let me fucking go!" The sound of my sister's cries has me halting my steps, and my nostrils flare. That anger I have had bubbling inside of me finally lets loose and I storm past Rocky the moment we hit the bottom of the steps, and storm over to her, landing a hard slap on her cheek. She sits tied to the chair, her fingers clenching and unclenching at the violence.

"Fuck you, Luella!" Her eyes widen, not expecting my outburst and she scoffs, letting out a short laugh. "When are you going to get it through your thick skull how unlovable and evil you are?!" There is a brief moment where hurt flickers in her eyes before they harden.

"And you're not?" She throws her head back in laughter.

"Are you blind?" I lean down and hiss at her. "Look at where I am, Luella. Look at the ring on my finger, the man who would go to hell and back for me. I am lovable. I have what I've always deserved. People who pay attention to me, and don't push me into the shadows like you and our poor of an excuse parents did. I'm finally happy, and you think you can take that away from me? I don't fucking think so." I land another slap on the other cheek this time and watch her jaw clench as her head falls to the side.

"But you don't have your 'husband' anymore, do you, Honey?" She smirks. "He's in prison." She taunts me with a shit-eating smile, and I want to strangle the life out of her.

"I feel sorry for you, Luella. The only people that ever loved you are dead, and you've spent your life roaming the streets, sleeping with random men to fill that void. You wouldn't have to sleep with all these men if someone actually thought you were worth sticking around for. And I had a thought not long ago. You loved Xander. You kept his baby, thinking he would stick around for you, but just like the others he couldn't give a shit about a spiteful bitch like you!" Luella recoils back at my words, and to be honest, even I recoil back slightly.

I've never said such harsh words to anybody.

Well maybe when I called Xavier a motherfucker, but I didn't mean that.

"You think you're better than me, Honey? We are quite literally the same motherfucking people." She rolls her eyes, but her horrible attitude doesn't stop the lone tear from rolling down her cheek. "I fucking despise you. I wish I wasn't your sister." I don't know why her words sting, but they do. I did nothing to make her feel this way. All I wanted as a child was a friend, somebody I could trust, and she was meant to be that person. We grew up in the same womb for God's sake!

"Why'd you hate me so much?" I whisper in hurt, biting my trembling bottom lip.

"Why do people gravitate to you so easily, but not to me? What do people like so naturally about you that they couldn't do the same to me?" She spits and my brows furrow.

"Luella, people hated me. Nobody would talk to me. They all spoke to you! They all loved you!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

"Because I made them hate you! I spread rumours about you, I made people avoid you because I was fucking jealous! You happy now?!" She shouts, silencing me. "And yet you still have all of this, and I want to take it away from you Honey. I thought if I could get through to Xander, I could get close to you and ruin your life like you did mine."