SIX

SIX
⛓️Xavier⛓️

I turn to look at Honey's reaction as my driver, Will, drives through the gates and towards the huge house that I bought. Her eyes widen and she turns to look at me with a soft frown.

"What is it?" I question her, tilting my head.

"You sold the penthouse?" I know she liked the penthouse when she was living with me. I remember when she first moved in, she wouldn't stop rambling on about how nice it was. However, when she left, I found it hard to stay there because everything reminded me of her, so I had to move.

"No, I've put it in your name. It's yours." Her mouth drops open. "As possessive as I am over you, I want you to have some space of your own, even though there is enough for you here."

"Xavier." She breathes out. "You didn't have to do that."

"Yes, I did." I clear my throat, and when the car comes to a step outside the steps of our new home, I climb out of the car, and make my way over to her side to open the door for her.

She thanks me with her warm, addictive smile and surprises me by reaching up to press her lips against my cheeks.

"Honey." I groan.

"What?" She flutters her eyelashes up at me with a menacing smile on her gorgeous face, because she knows what she's doing. Honey turns her back to me and wanders up the steps towards the doors. One of the guards nods her head at her and speaks out words that I know are going to have her head snapping back to look at me.

Her head spins and she glares at me.

"We're not married!" She shouts before storming inside.

"Yet, Mrs Cross!" I yell back, just catching her ass in her figure-hugging leggings. "Damn."

•••

"And finally, this is our bedroom." I cross the threshold, but Honey does not. She looks at me with her big brown eyes, and pouts her full lips, staring into the room. "You can redecorate it if you don't like the dark interior." She shakes her head but still doesn't make a move.

Her eyes are on the bed and a subtle smirk etches onto my face when those pretty eyes rise to stare at the mirror placed on the ceiling. Her throat bobs up and down and she turns her gaze back to me.

"Are you coming in?" I hold my hand out for her to take and she stares at my hand like she's worried it will be scolding hot to touch. She finally does place her soft hand in mine, and I pull her in, causing her to gasp, and fall against my chest.

"Xavier!" She hisses at me but makes no move to pull away from my body, if anything, she leans in closer, and I don't complain one bit. I wrap an arm around her curvy body and lead her around the huge bedroom.

I show her, her walk-in wardrobe, her stuff taking about three-quarters of the space, mine the rest. I show my girl her little makeup room making sure I got all the right stuff for her and by the end of the tour, she's crying.

"Baby, please. Have you not tortured me enough with those tears?" I whisper, leaning down to where she's sitting on the edge of the bed. "Why the tears, little star?"

"I'm just really grateful. I didn't have any of this, growing up." She sniffles, wiping at her eyes. "This must have cost an arm and a leg."

Probably a few to be honest. But I won't tell her that.

"Money is no issue, my sweet girl. I'll buy you anything you want. Oh, that reminds me!" I search the inside pocket of my suit jacket and pull out the baby pink credit card for her. "For you." I hold it out, but she refuses to take it.