SIXTEEN

SIXTEEN
🍯Honey🍯

I flick through my magazine with a satisfied smile on my face, awing at the pretty designer bags on the page. Although, it's hard to ignore the harsh glare that is penetrating through my forehead from the man ahead of me.

My gaze flicks up, and I grin at Xavier who sits opposite me on his private jet.

"You don't look so happy right now, Xavier, are you okay?" I question sweetly, fluttering my eyelashes at him and his nostrils flare. Roman rolls his eyes from the opposite side of the plane and goes back to minding his own business. I've probably just made Xavier even more frustrated than I did earlier on.

"Honey, please, baby don't look like that." Xavier groans at me while I sit on the end of our bed, watching him pack a suitcase. I fake a sniffle, and his whole body tenses. "Don't cry, please, I'm fucking begging you."

"It's just, I'm going to miss you so much, and I don't want to be alone," I whisper, rubbing at my eyes, and I hear him drop whatever he was putting in his suitcase onto the ground, and seconds later I feel his presence crouch down between my legs.

"I'm not gonna be gone for too long, little star. You'll be okay here, I've got this place secured, nothing bad will happen." He speaks gently and I sigh.

"But I'd be safer with you." I pout. "Wouldn't I?" My head tilts, and he cusses under his breath, standing back up to his full height, so I have to look up at him.

"You're always safer with me, Honey, you know that. Fuck! Why do you have to be a professional manipulator? Got all sorts running through my mind if I leave you here on your own now." He turns his back to me, running his hand through his hair, and my eyes dry up instantly and a smirk etches onto my face.

"Does that mean I can come?" He glares at me.

"Can you stop glaring at me?" I raise a brow and watch him pick up his glass of whisky and down the golden-brown liquid.

"You shouldn't be on this plane. You should be back home in New York." He bites his fist in frustration and turns his glare to look out the window. "I shouldn't have given in to those fucking eyes. Why do you do this to me, Honey? I'm trying to keep the colour in my hair for as long as I possibly can, and you're not making it easy for me." He stresses, and I nibble on my bottom lip, suddenly feeling guilty for putting him under this kind of stress.

But just like how we first met, and despite all the crap he's pulled, I can't help but want to cling to him for as long as possible. And now that I know Luella is alive, I'm on edge.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, fiddling with the necklace around my neck. "I'm sorry, Xavier. I'm just scared." His face softens, and he places his glass down, and lets out a sigh.

Xavier leans forward and holds both hands out for me to take. I shuffle forward on the cream leather seat and place my hands in his. His huge, warm hands encase mine, and his thumbs brush the skin on the back of my hands.

"You drive me insane, you know that right?" I scoff.

"I could say the same about you." I give him an accusing stare and he chuckles, tightening his grip on my hands.

"I don't like that you feel unsafe when I'm not with you. I want you to feel safe wherever you are, whoever you're with. It's my fault I've made you rely on me." My brows crease. "I sheltered you too much. I've made you rely on me too much."

"No, Xavier. You were the first person who made time to take care of me. You're the first person who didn't just brush me aside and see me as a liability. I never had anyone take care of me the way you do." I admit to him, and his eyes darken with a sense of possessiveness that he usually has when it comes to me. "I don't think you truly understand how capable you are of being such a loving and caring person. How good you are at it. It comes to you so naturally." His mouth falls open at my words, almost like he's in shock. Nobody has probably ever told him that.