THIRTY-FIVE

THIRTY-FIVE
⛓️Xavier⛓️

"Sir." Santiago pokes his head through the door to my office in the penthouse I've had to move back into now that my other home is nothing but a pile of rubble, no thanks to this fuck.

Rocky sits in the corner, giving me a silent warning for me to not lose my shit. No promises. I haven't slept a wink, and I won't sleep until Honey and Ayla are back where they belong.

Rocky and Harry were able to recover traces of the CCTV and Santiago is most definitely a traitor. He put my girls in danger. There were no bodies to recover which means they were taken, and he allowed them to be taken.

He's a rat.

"Come on, San." I grin and nod in the direction of the chair in front of my desk. "Whiskey?" He nods his head, and I pour him a glass and hand it to him. He takes it with a tight smile and settles comfortably into the seat.

"Again, I'm sorry for your loss." My skin crawls at the casualness in his voice as he takes a sip of the whiskey, wincing at the strong taste. "I know they meant a lot to you."

"Well, shit happens right." I rest my back against the chair. "We have to move on."

"Yes, sir. Can I be honest?" I raise a brow and nod my head. "You were too good for her anyway. She took advantage of you." Don't shoot him, don't fucking shoot him.

"Why'd you think that?" My fists clench under my desk.

Santiago shrugs and takes another sip from the glass. "Well, she ran away from you to begin with, and then came back because she knew you had money, and she could stay here free of charge."

"Honey had her own money from her grandparent's passing." Santiago's back straightens and I see the dollar signs sparkling in his eyes. Oh, I know exactly what the fucker is thinking. He wants that money. "I lost my wife and my daughter, Santiago, and you think it's wise to come in here and accuse her of being ungrateful and practically calling her a gold digger? She was scared."

Santiago fidgets nervously in his chair and places the glass back on my desk. "I didn't mean to offend you."

Ignoring him, I down the rest of the whiskey and stand up from my desk, making my way around it to stand in front of him.

"You were one of my best men, Santiago," I speak lowly and his brows furrow.

"Were?"

"Yeah. Sorry, am I speaking a different language or are you hard of hearing?" I lean down to snarl at him.

"What'd you mean I was your best? I'm good at my job, sir, I'm better than all the men here." Rocky laughs in the corner.

"That was mean of me wasn't it." My voice softens, but my face doesn't, and Santiago lets out a nervous chuckle.

"It's fine. I suppose your mind is all over the place with everything that's happening." Santiago casts Rocky a wary look and then looks back up at me, his fingers dancing around where his gun sits in his holster. "May I ask why I'm here?"

"Yes!" I click my fingers and point at my best friend. "Why is he here, Rock?"

"Promotion." He smirks, crossing his muscular arms over his chest.

"Really?" Santiago beams and I nod my head, patting his back, and then rest my hand on the back of his head. "T-Thank you, sir!"

"You are very welcome!" I beam back at him and then slam his head down onto my desk, leaving a bloody mark when I lift his head back up. "Sorry, I think we got things a little confused. I meant a promotion to hell. Satan needs more workers and I'm not quite ready yet, so I thought why not sacrifice my best worker." I clap my hands as he stares at me like I'm crazy.