TEN

TEN
⛓️Xavier⛓️

It's been a week since Honey told me about her miscarriage, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't constantly thinking about the thought of our little girl. Images of a little girl running around the place with Honey's pretty smile, and curly hair feel like a knife that's been stabbed right in my chest.

Because it's not real.

Our little girl never made it.

"X?" Rocky waves his hand in my face and I blink. "You good?" He frowns, placing his gun down on the expensive wood of my desk.

"What is it like having a daughter?" He's taken aback by my question, his eyes widening, and he lets out a puff of air, leaning back in the chair, but he can't stop the smile from etching onto his face.

"A blessing. She may only be five, but she's taught me so much, she and my wife always make me want to be better for them every single day. I don't know what I'd do without them." The knife in my chest twists aggressively. "I'm grateful for you too, X, because without you, I wouldn't have any of that."

When Rocky's wife was pregnant, she had been kidnapped by an enemy that Rocky had made during his time in prison. At some stage, we had thought she had been trafficked and once that happens there's a high chance later on down the line that you die. I helped him for seven long months to find her, and just as we had she gave birth to their little girl.

Rocky doesn't owe me anything. He's my best friend, I would have done it over and over again for him, but to him, this is a huge debt that he claims he'll pay for the rest of his life. His loyalty is undoubtedly the best.

"Why'd you ask?" He questions, his face full of curiosity.

"Nothing." I shake my head, not sure if my girl wants anybody else to know, even if it's only Rocky, so I decide it's best to keep my mouth shut. But, looking at his face I think he already knows. He smiles tightly and shuffles around in his seat.

"Kara had a miscarriage two years before our little girl. It was a difficult time, she was too scared to try for another baby for some time, worried that it would happen again. What I'm saying, is that it's a shit thing to happen to anyone, doesn't mean you'll never have a child." I tap my knuckles gently over the wooden table. "I know you want to prove to yourself that you can be a better dad. It will happen, pal."

All I can do is nod, keeping my gaze on the table. But I'm determined to better myself before Honey and I get another chance.

"What's happening with Xander?" I change the subject, needing to distract myself from the thoughts of my baby that doesn't exist.

"No sight of him just yet, our boys have found more dealers on the street, they've been questioned but don't say much." I clench my jaw in frustration. "He's good at laying low, and hiding his tracks, but we don't think he's working alone."

My ears perk up.

"Do you know who?"

"He goes by the name Reaper." I snort. "Although the guy just got out of prison himself, early for good behaviour. We're trying to figure out if he's working with or against Xander."

"What was he locked up for?"

"Killing his mother's rapist, who turned out to be his dad." I frown, because why on Earth would someone who did that, work for a man like Xander? A man who traffics women.

"I want Reaper found and brought here right to me. Do you understand?"

"Well, words going around that he's attending the charity gala tonight on behalf of Xander." I rub my beard.