THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN
⛓️Xavier⛓️

Something doesn't feel right. The corrupt mayor is babbling on in front of me, but all I can't think is that is something wrong.

"We had a deal, Xavier. You keep the crime low, and I let you do what you've got to do, but I can't help you if dead bodies keep showing up every week. It doesn't look good for me, and I'm going to have to do something that won't work well for you." I lean back in my chair and eye up the sixty-year-old with a glare.

"You threatening me, Mayor?" I tilt my head and his face drops.

"W-What, n-no of course not!" He stutters, and I pinch the bridge of my nose, starting to become frustrated with the fucker.

"You're threatening me. May I remind you of the evidence I've got with yourself and your mistress? I'm sure if your wife was to find out, and the whole of New York, there would be someone to replace you in an instance, and then what would you have? Nothing." I stand up from my chair and glare down at him. "You also owe me a lot of money, Ray. I'll be back at the end of next week to collect it and I'm sure you'll know what will happen if I don't receive it." I smirk and watch him go as white as snow.

I go to leave until he stops me.

"A man came to see me last night. He broke into my house and threatened me!" My nostrils flare and I turn my head to look at him over my shoulder. "He warned me about continuing to do business with you, Xavier. Gave me a better deal too."

"I'm sure he did, Ray." I smile, turning to walk back over to him, and pull my gun out, stabbing it into his chest. "I kill people for a living, Ray. I can make you disappear very, very quickly. The only reason I need you here, is to keep those detectives off my back, but if you step one foot out of line, I'll be forced to do things you won't like." I tut and he swallows hard, shaking his head.

"Money, next week!" I exclaim, already making my exit.

"Y-Yes, Xavier."

I make eye contact with one of my guards Santiago when I exit the building, who hangs up from whoever he was talking to, and walks confidently towards me.

"Sir, there's a problem." Of course, there fucking is. When is there not a problem? "Rocky and Honey have run into some trouble at the mall." I will myself to keep my composure but worry chews away at me.

"What trouble?" Really hoping that Honey has just broken a nail or something and she's freaking out. But from the look on Santiago's face, I know it's much more serious than that.

"Rocky spotted some of Xander's men. There have already been twenty casualties."

"Fuck!" I bite my fist, my frustration beginning to show, and I know that the mayor is probably looking out his window, watching me, so I climb into the car, slamming the door shut.

"Where are they?"

"Rocky was able to get them out okay, they're heading back to the house now," Santiago informs me, and I let out a sigh of relief, and tell him to step on it.

I need to see Honey for myself and determine if she is okay or not. My heart is pounding aggressively against my chest and my leg bounces up and down, my mind filled with all sorts of anxious thoughts.

How scared she must be?

She's still angry with me about the whole marriage situation too. It doesn't help that we're not on good terms at the moment, the silent treatment from her has been killing me. I had to keep messaging Rocky to ask if she was okay or if she needed anything.