FOUR

FOUR
🍯Honey🍯

The first night I spent with Xavier the day he saved me was probably the best night's sleep I'd ever had. Although, I hadn't begun my night in his bed. He'd led me to the guest room of his penthouse in New York after feeding me dinner. I was very skittish about being in a stranger's home but his daughter-in-law, Mila, had told me that I was safe, and I believed her.

Xavier had wished me a good night, making sure I had a lamp on, and that the door was slightly open. I had managed to get to sleep at first, and then I was woken up by the nightmares of when I had been kidnapped. I couldn't go back to bed, shaking in fear, so I snuck out of bed and led myself toward Xavier's bedroom.

I was worried that I would annoy him by waking him up, but he had told me that if I needed him, I could go to him. So, when I knocked on his door, it opened within seconds. His dark hair was ruffled like he had been tossing and turning in his bed, and his brown eyes filled with worry when he saw me standing outside his bedroom with a tear-stricken face.

He had ushered me into his room that smelt so warm and manly, and led me to his bed. I had cried to him about the nightmares, and he let me stay in his room, telling me he would take the floor. I didn't want to put him out so made the idea of building a pillow wall. Xavier had laughed at the suggestion but had agreed, helping me place pillows along the centre of the bed.

We hadn't fallen asleep straight away. We talked for a couple of hours until I had drifted off to bed, waking up in the morning to the pillow wall gone and my body wrapped around his. I panicked, startling him awake to see me in tears. He reassured me that it was okay, so we did the same thing the next night, and the night after that, until I had left.

"No." Xavier protests as I begin to grab pillows to make a pillow wall between us.

"Yes," I argue back, placing the pillows in the centre, only for Xavier to grab them and throw them across the room, the soft material bouncing off the wall. I huff, storming over to pick them up and place them back, only he does the same thing. "Seriously, are you forty-four, or four years old? Because you are acting like a child." I glare at him, and he shrugs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm not sleeping in this bed with a pillow wall between us, Honey." He says, his voice filled with disgust at the thought of it. "We don't need a wall separating us."

"Xavier," I say his name in a pleading tone. "We're having the wall." I place the pillows back where they were, and this time Xavier doesn't throw them away, instead, he just pouts like a child with his arms across his bare chest.

"I don't like the fucking wall." He flips open the duvet covers and gets in, grumbling under his breath about how he's secretly going to remove them.

"I haven't got any pyjamas." I point out, standing at the end of the massive bed.

"You don't need any." He huffs, avoiding eye contact with me and glares at the pillows. I decide to rummage through his suitcase and pull out a fresh black T-shirt. Rushing to his en-suite bathroom I quickly change, brush my teeth with a new toothbrush, and walk back out into the bedroom.

I ignore Xavier as I turn all the lights off apart from a small lamp, and climb into bed, lying on my back in the silence. Xavier shuffles beside me and huffs and puffs trying to get comfortable.

"Are you still angry with me?" His words have been playing on my mind for some time now about him being angry with me.

"No. I was angry for like a second, find it a little hard to stay mad at you, Honey." He admits and I release a sigh of relief.  "You drive me so fucking crazy, but I look at your pretty fucking face and you turn me to mush. It's not a good look for me."