TWENTY-FOUR

TWENTY-FOUR
⛓️Xavier⛓️

"I-I'm not a good person." Honey whispers shakily, still in some trance that she won't snap out of, and it's frustrating the fuck out of me.

"Honey, baby girl, I can't help you when you're like this. What do you mean you're not a good person? You're an amazing person, little star." I cradle her face in between my hands, and she lets out a whimper.

"I-I...I killed someone." She stares at me with wide, frightened eyes, and there's no surprise I don't flinch. Killing is the normal for me. "I'm a bad person."

"Am I a bad person?" I question her, stroking her beautiful face and she shakes her head. I am. Just not to her. "But I kill people, baby."

"But I love you." My breathing hitches because this was not how I was expecting her to drop the love bomb on me. I don't even think she realises what she's truly said. I'll take it.

But then I take a moment to process what she's just told me and my whole body pauses. She's killed someone.

How?

And fucking where?

"Where did you kill this person, Honey?" I question slowly, taking a seat beside her and decide to pull her on my lap, needing her as close as humanly possible.

"Is Ayla safe?" She ignores my question and throws me one instead.

"She's fine. Now answer my question." I say more sternly, and she nibbles on her trembling bottom lip.

"H-He was going to hurt m-me." She whimpers and my jaw tics as I try and control my anger at the thought of some fucker hurting her. The guns tucked in my holster plead with me to take them out and go shooting the place, but I restrain myself for now. Honey is my priority, making sure she is okay is the only thing that matters right now. "I-I had to, Xavier, p-please I'm not a bad person I-I was just defending m-myself!" She sobs, burying her face into the crook of my neck and I rub her back softly, reassuring her that everything will be okay.

"Stop crying, baby, it's killing me, please. Tell me who it was." I coo gently and she sniffles starting to hyperventilate. "Honey." Her breathing hitches at the deepness of my deep voice, and the stern look on my face that tells her that she knows whatever she tells me I will sort it out for her.

"Will I go to p-prison?" I laugh lightly.

"How many bodies do you think I've hidden in my lifetime, Honey?" I ask her, curling my finger around a strand of her curly hair and tugging gently. Her crying dies down and the hazy look in her brown eyes begins to clear and I let out a sigh of relief thankful that she's coming back to me.

"A hundred." I scoff.

"You think I'm some amateur?" I raise a brow and she bites her lip, shaking her head. "Try thousands. Now, don't make me ask you again, little star. Who?"

"I truly didn't mean to!"

"Tell me." I grit, not wanting to lose my patience with my girl but my God sometimes my wife knows how to push my buttons.

"I don't know who, Xavier, it was just some random man!" She exclaims, throwing her hands up in frustration.

The biggest question of them all is how the ever-loving fuck he made it onto the grounds let alone the house.

"Where is his body?"

"The garden."

"Did Ayla see?" Honey shakes her head. "What'd you kill him with?"