TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX
🍯Honey🍯

People around us scream and panic, grabbing their things and running straight for the emergency exit, not bothering to wait for the lift. Everybody is in hysterics apart from myself and Xavier. Well, I think I'm mostly in shock, Xavier however, it's just another day for him.

"Is this your doing?" I simply question and he scoffs, reaching down to pick up his wine glass and finishes it off.

"Sniper has been killed," Rocky speaks out as he comes to stand next to Xavier. "Hired by Xander, nothing to do with Luella." My breath hitches at the mention of my twin sister. I still can't get over the fact that she is still alive.

Xavier crouches down next to the body of the dead waiter, and rummages through his pockets until he comes across a note. Xavier curses under his breath and unfolds the piece of paper.

"It's the same fucking address." Xavier stands and passes Rocky the piece of paper who inspects the note with furrowed brows. "Did you find out where it was?"

"No, it's off the grid. I'd have to send some men to check it out, but it would be risky." Rocky informs his best friend as I continue to sit here with my hands in my lap not sure what to do with myself. "We should probably check it out as soon as possible before things start to get out of hand."

"And that isn't out of hand?" I point to the dead body in the public restaurant that is now clear of any civilians. "It could have been my head there."

"Honey." Xavier grits his teeth with a warning look.

"What? It could have been. One little move at the wrong time," I move my head as a demonstration. "And bam, bullet to the head." I clap my hands.

"Honey!" Xavier exclaims, glaring down at me and my eyes widen. "You think I want to picture you dead on the ground with a bullet in your head right now, baby?" He leans down, so we're face to face and hisses at me.

"Just stating the facts."

"No, you're stating bullshit, my sweet girl." I roll my lips and shrug my shoulders. "Don't argue with me right now, Honey. You think I wanted all this to happen? All I wanted was a peaceful night having dinner with you." His voice softens and I sigh.

"Are we going to leave now?" I whisper, but Xavier leaves me shocked when he pulls his chair out, takes a seat, and picks up the menu again. Some of his men walk over to clear the body and I grimace. Rocky goes back to where he was previously standing, and I laugh in utter disbelief. "You're crazy," I whisper to the man I so happened to fall in love with.

"You only just realising that now?" He questions, keeping his eyes on the menu, and grabs a hold of my hand on top of the table, lacing our fingers together. "You like steak?"

My mouth drops open, and a light breeze causes my curls to shift and it reminds me that there is a small hole the size of a bullet in the window.

"Xavier—"

"All I want is to have dinner with my wife." He states, cutting me off from what I was about to say.

"Xavier—"

"Rocky! Order us the steaks, medium, and another bottle of wine. Get something for yourself, we'll be back." Xavier stands up abruptly from his seat and grabs a hold of my hand, pulling me out of my seat and dragging us away toward a dark secluded corner where we are out of sight, and no one can hear.

I gasp when he presses me up against the wall and wraps one of my legs around his waist.

"Have I ever claimed to be a sane man, little star? Have I ever claimed to be normal?" Xavier tilts his head, brushing his fingers softly against my cheek and I shake my head. "Exactly. I'm one crazy motherfucker and that's never gonna change. If I want to sit with my wife and have dinner after witnessing a man get shot in the head, I will. If I want to fuck my wife right now and if she'll let me, I will."