FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN
🍯Honey🍯

Rocky and I could have died.

The car we drove home in had a bomb planted underneath it. It should have detonated as we were driving, but it didn't. Whether that was on purpose or because it was somewhat faulty, we might never know.

But the thought that it could have when we were driving has me wanting to throw up.

Xavier is going into a frenzy right now. The man is quite literally losing his mind in front of me. He barks out orders to all his men about upping security as he paces up and down, constantly running his fingers through his thick hair.

I stand in the middle of the huge foyer, clutching onto Boo and Pumpkin who snooze in my arms, and I'm not sure what to do with myself.

Rocky has gone home to his wife and daughter for a few days. I think the shock hit him a lot more than it has with me. Or maybe I am in shock, it just hasn't hit me yet, because there's a pit in my stomach, and every five minutes the back of my eyes keep burning with tears before I blink them away and take a deep, calming breath. 

Feeling useless just standing here I make one small step back and this has Xavier's head snapping in my direction. He rushes over to me.

"Where are you going? You're not leaving my sight, Honey." He stares at me with wide eyes that swim with worry. "Okay?" He pleads with me and now I'm thinking it's scared him more than Rocky and I put together.

"But I'm just standing here like an idiot." I pout, and Boo meows in agreement before going back to sleep. "I think I'm just going to take a nap." Xavier looks like he's having an inner battle with himself before he gives me a tight smile and a curt nod.

"Okay, baby. I got a few things to do first, but I'll come up to see you soon." I nod my head, giving him a shaky smile. My eyes flutter closed when he presses a kiss on the corner of my lips. He opens his mouth to say something else but shuts it suddenly and gives me another nod.

I turn on my heel, rush up the stairs, and speed walk to our bedroom. The second I'm alone, I burst into tears and walk over to the bed, burying myself under the covers and cuddling my kittens close to my chest. 

I end up crying myself to sleep and awake to Xavier's side of the bed dipping. It's completely dark outside when I peek one eye open, and when my eyes move to Xavier's muscular, tattooed back on display I swallow hard.

Even though he has his back to me, he speaks up. "I know you're awake, little star. You're breathing heavy." He looks over his shoulder and smirks at me. I suck in a breath, and he chuckles, but then his amused face drops, and he turns his body in my direction, moving to touch my cheek. "You've been crying." He points out.

"No." I sound nowhere near convincing, and he raises an accusing eyebrow at me. "A little." I shrug.

"Oh, baby." He speaks and his gentle tone, and the sympathetic smile on his face sets the waterworks off again.  "C'mere." He opens up his arms and I don't hesitate to crawl onto his lap and wrap myself around him like a koala.

Even Boo and Pumpkin navigate their way in between mine and Xavier's body. He rubs my back and peppers my face with kisses. "You're okay." He tells me over and over until my crying calms down. "God, baby, you have my heart crushing every time you cry, you know what it does to me." He rasps, wiping the remaining tears on my cheeks.

"Was it Xander? Did he plant the bomb?" I sniffle, reaching up to run my fingers through Xavier's freshly washed hair. And he groans as I gently scrape my nails along his scalp, massaging it.