FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN
⛓️Xavier⛓️

Roman is just staring at me with squinted eyes.

"What?" I manoeuvre Honey's chair next to mine behind my desk, so it's ready for her when she comes down from her shower. "Do you have a problem, my friend?" I smile tightly at him, and he crosses his big arms across his chest.

"Are you being serious? Like are you taking the actual piss?" He tilts his head, his south London accent making an appearance, even though he's been living in New York for a couple of decades.

"I don't know what you mean, my friend." I shrug my shoulders with a smirk on my face. Of course, I know what he's trying to get at here.

"She's fifteen years younger than you for a start, and don't you think she's been through enough trauma? I don't think she wants to add a heartbreak on top of that." My smirk drops in an instant, and Roman sighs. "Xavier, you've never done relationships. Why all of a sudden has that changed? Mila really likes Honey, and she won't like this." I scoff.

"My daughter-in-law already knows, and she approves thank you very much," I say smugly and this time Roman's face drops.

"You're telling me, my daughter knows, but I don't? Your best friend?" He scoffs, leaning back against his chair.

"Well look at how you're acting. Throwing mine and Honey's age difference in my face, looking like I'm not capable of loving someone all of a sudden. You're judging me." I point out, and his brown eyes widen.

"I am not judging you." I raise my brows, and he huffs. "I'm confused."

"What's there to be confused about?" I question, adjusting the photo frame that holds a picture of my girl in it. I smile. So fucking beautiful.

"I've known you for a very long time, Xavier, a very fucking long time. The word 'relationship' made you want to throw up. You used to glare at couples who walked past us in the street, so what's changed?"

"I met Honey," I answer simply. Turning my wedding band on my finger, and Roman's eyes zoom in on the action.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" He drags his hands down his face. "Don't tell me that's what I think it is."

"In a very complicated way, I'm a married man." I hold my hand up, and show him the silver band around my finger, and he continues to cuss under his breath. "I don't understand why you're getting so worked up over this, it's my love life, not yours."

"She's been through a lot."

"And I've helped her through that."

"I know you helped her Xavier, but are you sure a relationship between the two of you is a good idea?" He frowns, and I recoil back.

"I love her. I'm in love with her." I state, and his face softens.

"Look, don't fuck this up. I'm happy for you, but if you fuck this up my daughter is going to be wildly upset and an upset Mila is something I don't want to see." He points a finger at me, and I salute him just as the door opens. Honey walks in with a smile and waves at Roman who waves back at her. "Congratulations on the marriage." Oh, for fuck's sake. His eyes drop down to her... empty ring finger.

What the fuck?!

"Where's your ring?!"

"We're not married." She shrugs, taking the seat next to Roman, and not the one that I moved beside me. "I didn't consent to this marriage." She sighs but there's a smug look on her face. I'm going to throttle her.